How shall I tell him the truth?

okay so there is this guy who loves me more than anything and i did feel the same for him but now i dont anymore. i like talking to him and i have great amount of respect for him, i don't want to fool him and pretend i love him but if i say the truth he would be shattered which i fear and need a way in which ``i could tell him. up till now i was using the indirect way and he has realised that i am acting different but still doesn't know can u help me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look when you will tell him the truth, it is going to hurt him anyways... it doesn't matter how you tell him... it sucks that you dont love him anymore but instead of using indirect method.. which is by acting different is like leading him on and hurting him at the same time... he won't understand why you are acting like that as he likes you... i say you should meet him in person and tell him the truth. and tell him politely that you dont feel the same anymore... its always better to be direct than stupidly leading someone on...

What Guys Said 5

• better tell him the truth... it'd be better for him to know sooner than later.

• How old is he and yourself?

• You've got to tell him. No matter how you tell him, its going to hurt. But he's a guy and has been hurt before more than likely. As for being friends, I've found that at this point it hurts to even look at that person for a while, but there is light at the end of the tunnel, because after about a year it starts to smooth out.

• Yes, you need to tell him the truth. It hurts less than you leading him on and acting different.

• You should tell him the truth.

Immediately.

What Girls Said 2

• Definitely tell him as soon as you can. Think about the situation reversed and how you would want someone to treat you. It's going to be hard, but you'll feel better after telling him and it will give him the opportunity to start moving on.

• Pour him with compliments and say what you need to say. Thats what I've seen in movies.