Bf got me a promise ring?

Found out yesterday my bf got me a promise ring (does that mean he's waiting for me?) he's 20 I'm almost 16 will he wait 2 years for me? What if he finds someone else? Honestly I love him so much he's the first boy I've dated too

Don't bother answering most of you can't even let me have my fucking happiness fuck this he mine don't like it? fuck off

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, he's waiting. Just make sure you stay close to him so he won't meet anyone else... getting married at 18 is fine.

What Guys Said 9

• He's 20 and you're 16?

https://i.imgur.com/XujHLh.jpg

• if he got it for you then he's definitely going to be waiting for you.

• he's willing and cares a lot for you

• I think that's odd. He's too old, and I guess he wants to keep you latched on to him.

• he's 4 years older God my brother is 25 his gf is 20 there's nothing wrong with it

• It's not the number of years. It's the difference in life stage. Leaving high school and going into college/career matures you more than those 4 years.

• I doubt he will find anyone else. Relax.

• What makes you think that?

• He's been with you through the trouble years; if he was going to act up and fall apart he would have at 18-19 really. He seems to have some standing with you and everyone else in the family sense as well and the bonds between the clans is strong.

• :) thank you

• Don't marry at 18.

Wait till 24 at least. That way you'll get to know the guy well and will be mature enough.

• I've known him almost 2 years already

• "and treats me like a princess "

Then wait for 1 more year and it'll be over.

And you'll be saved a failed marriage.

• Nope but thanks for having no faith lol

• thats stachitory...

• Yes he's willing to wait. He sounds really nice

• Sounds like the grooming is going nicely!

What Girls Said 6

• awwn i find it soo cute when a guy is older than the girl :) omg i hope he does wait for you and maybe that promise ring may mean he does acc truly love you and will wait until whenever.. be happy wid him and dont depend on negative comments okayy? :) omgshh !! be happy

• Thanks I do to he's older has a car his own house he s amazing and I am so happy I know him Noone here does they are probably jealous but he's so sweet I truly love him he's the best :) thanks babe❤

• Yourwelcome dont worry what people say... they just chat shit :) its fine here if you need me <3

• He's the first boy you've ever dated... he gave you a promise ring, you're 15 and he is 20. He already knows how to play you like a cello. It's not going to last. The most ironic part about this, is that you will be the one to break it off in the next year, if he doesn't.

• sounds too good to be true

• Why would you want to get marry with only a HS diploma? Do you really want to get married that young and have kids already?

Don't you have any plans to actually go to college and major in something.. any backup plans? If you get married and if for some reason, the marriage sucks... then what you gonna do next?

Don't mean to be that straight forward but my own parents are getting divorced within less than 2 weeks from now. Anything can happen..

• Honestly anything can happen but you don't know me or him or what we have together it's actually perfect he's all I wanted

• I don't know and yes, maybe you will have a happily ever after story but it would be good if you didn't put waiting for a bf and dreaming about wedding bells as your sole and only purpose in life when you can also continue your education.

There are women that not only get married but go to college too. I think that would be a good combination for you.

• Some females (including my mother) in my family did that combination.

• I thought promise rings were rings the fathers gave to their daughters :/ guess I was wrong.

Why is it called a promise ring and not an engagement ring? Why promise to propose in the future but not propose right now?

• Sorry to say this but it's just a ring. He'll still do whatever he wants to do, the same thing goes for you as well.