Showing Someone That You Like Them (More to it)?

I met a girl online (not through a dating site) 9 months ago and we hit it off right away. Unfortunately, we live about 1,000 miles away so talking online/Skyping has been only only means of communication. The past couple of months, we chatted everyday and then I flew out to see her a couple weeks ago for a few days.

We established that we liked each other. However, she is not sure how much I actually like her. I think it was because I had a hard time showing how much I did when I was around her, which has always been that way when I first meet someone in person. Also, she has some trust issues which is why she's still not sure if we should date.

I'm willing to give the LDR a chance and I think she will too when she's ready. We'll still chat but I feel like just doing that won't be enough or those feelings will dissipate over time. So I was wondering what I could do to show her how much I truly like her. She said she needs me to "show" her that i do and I can't do that being 1,000 miles away. I don't plan on visiting again until March but so much could happen in that period of time.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• Text messages do wonders. They let her know you're thinking about her even though you're so far away. My guy and I are 2000km apart and that's really the only way he can show his affection for me - cute texts that let me know I'm on his mind.

Something to keep in mind is that, in an LDR, you gotta be vocal about your feelings. She wants to hear how much you care for her, even if you just repeat the same line day after day. She knows you like her, but based on my experience, when you live far apart from your S/O it's too easy to forget how much you mean to them.

What Girls Said 15

• Honestly, as cliche and hard as this might be to hear, I'm going to say it anyways: Just tell her. Finding the right words is always hard, but that's why you have to sit down and really consider it yourself. Think of everything that you really like about her, and tell her what and why. It'll show her how honest you are and that your feelings are genuine. You don't have to be a Shakespearean poet by any means, just be upfront. Write it down and read it to her if you must, or even give it to her as a letter. It's super sweet and could be easier on you in the long run.

• I've told her how I've felt quite a few times. I think that guys in the past have told her they liked her and they ended up letting her down and I'm trying to show her that I'm not going to be like them and it's hard, especially when we can't see each other so I'm trying to find other ways to show her how much I do care for and like her.

• If I knew her address and whatnot, I would definitely do that. I guess text messages will have to do?

• Texts could work, so could emails.

• What do you mean you can't show her when you're thousands of miles away? Send her things that reminds you of her, or your relationship. Maybe there's some material possession she talks about all the time, surprise her and send it to her. Do you listen to music together? Send her a CD with the songs on it, or something. Make / find gifts that represent what some of your feelings are to her and add a little extra thought to them and send 'em out.

Obviously that's only showing her you like her on a materialistic kind of level, but it also shows you like her enough to remember what she talks about and the things she enjoys.

• Sounds like she has some insecurity issues. I would talk the sign that you flew 1,000 miles to see me as evidence enough that you like me. You should point that out to her. And you should also tell her that in a relationship, both have to try. Tell her you're in, then ask her if she's in. LDR are very hard. You both have to be equally into it

• It is an insecurity and trust thing which I can understand after what she's gone through with her exes. We've discussed and said we are in it if we decide to date.

• A romantic gesture, arrive at her doorstep out of the blue, set many roses outside her door, have many candles, when she opens the door, give her a bouquet of red roses, then kneel and say, " I truly like you, please give me the chance" I think it's best if you do it at night, more feeling haha, if she still say she don't trust you ten keep on chasing her, whenever she leaves her house, leave a bouquet of roses there or love poems, just make her think about you, last long!!! :))

• I actually would totally do this is (I'm a big hopeless romantic) it wasn't for the fact that I live 1,000 miles away and unfortunately don't have the money nor the time right now to make a surprise visit. :/

• I think pouring your heart out to her is the most effective way.
    We are all scared to say how much we like a person to someone directly, but we girls, at least I, tend to second guess my partner's true feelings until we hear it from them personally.
    we really just need reassurance. of course you can't just say it then dissappear on her. keep checking in with her. ask her how's her day. what she's up to. Share what your day is like helps to.

• Nothing shows it than texting, skyping, and just communicating her more often. Message her when she wakes up, during the day, and at night. That's really what a girl wants;your attention

• Honestly? Just keep trying. Keep doing whatever you have been doing like ralking to her everyday, being there for her when she needs someine to talk to, you know something like that. It will eventually get her.

• if you have her address send her a letter in the mail... Most girls are all into romantic stuff like that! And you could also search for a flower co around her that does deliveries and call them and make an order for some roses at her door

• Just got her address the other day. I may look into doing the flower thing but will have to wait until V-Day since she isn't into the whole idea of going all out just for a holiday haha.

• Send random texts throughout the day. None requesting a reply just little nothings to show she's on your mind.

• Just be romantic and do little things that will make her smile and that should help.

• send her gifts, flowers and poems etc keep her interested

• Any gifts in particular?

• silk flowers, chocolate, I like jewellery but thats just me

• be thoughtful in your words, gestures, gifts etc. She just wants to know you have her on your mind often. WHat is lacking in a LDR is intimacy. So you have to create it virtually somehow. Without intimacy, no relationship can survive whether LDR or in person.

• Yeah this is what's going to be the biggest "issue" (for lack of a better word) if we end up dating which is why we've discussed the idea of seeing each other at least every other month or so depending on our schedules. It would only be a somewhat temporary thing (the distance).

• Mixtape is the sincerest form of love, well it was back when i was dating ugh im old

• May do that. She's a big country music fan haha.

• Long distance relationships never work. Find someone nearer!

• hmm.. sounds like you're going to have a very tough LDR with this girl if she's already wanting you to prove you like her. There's honestly nothing you can do that will change this idea if she's that insecure. get ready for a roller coaster of emotions.

My source?
    Experience. LDR with a guy thousands of miles away lol

• I've definitely thought about all those things but something in me is telling me to give it a chance. I'd rather take the chance and it not ending up working than not to try anything at all.

What Guys Said 4

• make sure you visit from time to time. I don't know what a good number is but maybe 3-4 times a year, if you can afford it.

• Yeah definitely. Like I said, I plan on visiting in March and every other month after that if things work out. But I would like to do things in between besides just talking on a regular basis.

• Haha, yeah it seems excessive but I'm sure it's better to see each other as often as possible, eh?

• that is true. every other month is only 6 times a year so thats really not bad at all.

• Ok man, seriously. 1000 miles. why? do you live on a remote island? is there no women where you live? this is expensive to travel that far and obvi you won't see each other that much so what the hell dude. Do you think if you are not seeing her for months that she is not seeing other guys, you are wasting your time. smarten up.

• I show it everydayyyyy regardless of the conditions

@linkywinky <3<3<3

• Move where see live tell you love her n want to marry her n just go with it