Is it okay to miss being with my ex even if I have been talking to someone else?

my ex and i broke up a little bit ago but he has still been in my life a lot and i really miss being with him but a new guys has come into my life and we have been thinking about dating..

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the exact same :/
    Of course u'll miss someone if u once loved them, or still do.
    I say it's okay to miss him, but only date the other because u like him, and want to be with Him, not just to get ur mind off ur ex...

😘

• it sucks because i really do like the new guy and he is insecure about me missing my ex which sucks

• yeah.. that's crappy:/:/ 👎 : I don't know what u should do, but, remember, its Over with the ex for a reason :/ so...

:)

What Guys Said 5

• Put your best foot forward, even as you miss your ex.

Basically, missing your ex isn't what you can fully control, but it also doesn't mean that it has no impact on your new relationship.

He doesn't know it, but subconsciously, he has to deal with a problem you have that your ex never had to deal with, but is also the cause of, a split of your attention.

It's like as if you gave the ex your best, but you are holding back with him.

To answer your question, no it isn't wrong to miss something, but it isn't right to be half hearted about any relationships you have.

To put your best foot forward, let him know you're giving your best whether or not things may work out between you two. If he feels like he is missing out, ask him for suggestions on how to make it up to him. (I am assuming of course that you don't have to deal with him missing his ex or something), choose some of the suggestions you are comfortable and okay with and do your best.

Usually this may involve doing something you have done w your ex, but he may want a little more. It's something to demonstrate that if he was your ex, you would treat him with your best.

If anything, a great guy will fall in love with you, no matter your past, as long as you give your best in the present. This may include using your experience to do better this time with him than with any exes for the matter

• Missing someone is always ok, difference is acting upon those feelings.

• It happens but it's not a good thing. Focus on the future with your new friend

• That is not alright.

• oh why?

• Residual feelings corrupt current intentions. It is the first step to a relationship's failure: Being mired in the past.

• I don't see how it's not okay

What Girls Said 20

• Noop... if you still miss your ex it's not fair on the new guy because you will always be thinking of your ex than the new guy who now wants your attention, you will just be leading him on when clearly your not ready for another relationship, don't be unfair to guys and give yourself some time, i know you want to just be happy and stop feeling misereble but it's going to make the new guy feel your not interested in him and messing him around when your mind is always on the ex because your not opening up to him or trusting him.

• It's perfectly okay, I split up with my first serious boyfriend a year ago and even though he cheated on me and broke my heart i still miss him to this day. I've moved on now and am in a much happier relationship but it doesn't mean he never crosses my mind. My mum told me when me and my ex split up that you never truly stop loving someone you just get used to life without them there and unfortunately she's right. BUT unlike some of the people in the comments say, you CAN have a happy relationship, just because I think about my ex now and again doesn't mean that I'm going to run back to him in the drop of a hat or don't care about my boyfriend, because I wouldn't dream of being with my ex again! But he was a big part of my life, the same way if you fell out with a best friend :)

Just live your life and try your best to continue it without him, distract yourself a lot and chat to new people :)

• It doesn't matter. Follow your heart says. Don't feel controlled. If u wanna see your ex, go and see him, talk to him and do whatever u want if your ex is also free fron relationships. If u want to date other guys, go out with them. Doing that, maybe u can forget about your ex, who knows?

• It's okay to miss your ex. It's perfectly normal. Everyone goes trough that phase when they break up if they actually cared about the other person.

• i know how you feel... it could be because you probably aren't use to someone else showing that kind or affection to you or you to someone else

• on my opinion you won't cheat bcos your not with your ex, but if you miss and love your ex more than this new person den i think you should say the truth bcos if you lead this too deep den that nw person will gain more feelings for you and its going to be verry had for him to forgive on that so just by time goes by if you still miss your ex then u should go back to him if he wants you ofc and tell this new person tht you want to be just friends..

• It's okay to miss your ex. It's probably feelings still there. I miss my ex no matter if I'm in another relationship or talking to someone new. I'm also still not over my ex though either

• It's ok to miss him but if you're thinking about dating someone else. Make sure that your feelings for that other person won't get in the way of your new relationship.

• Yeah it's totally normal

• I just recently got back with my ex and I say if you both still love each other then go for it but make sure that you both want to be the relationship 100%

• Nope, that's not cool...
    make your choice and drop the other.
    You wouldn't want either of them doing that to you.

• you miss him because you haven't been able to properly move forward since he's still part of your life. there's a reason why ya broke up and have remained separated. if you feel things shouldn't be this way then why not try to rekindle the relationship? this way you save some poor fools heart from getting wrongfully hurt because you are unable to give back fully what's being offered to you.

• omg trust me i feel same... i am with my new boyfriend for like 3 months now and I've broke up with my ex 5 months ago but i still think about him at times, but i do my best to concentrate on things that will make my life better in a future cuz i know if ill get back to him i woudnt be happy... so you probably miss the time spended together not actually the guy you've been out with

• It takes a while to get over someone you loved. I would take it slow with this other guy. let him know that you like him but you want to take it slow

• You can still miss your exes because you still care about them but you have to move on from them and that means dating someone else.

• Do yu gurl

• Yeah it happens to me too

• If you are thinking about the ex, the current guy isn't right for you. Let him be.

• Absolutely! My last boyfriend and I split up 3 years ago. I still miss him, but I've been seeing other people since then.

• Missing someone is normal, but don't lie to the guy you're talking to now. If you aren't over your ex, it's not fair to lead someone on. You can still try dating, but at least make sure this new guy knows that you're still getting over your ex.

And be very careful. My friend started dating again before she was really ready to, and ended up cheating on her new boyfriend, which was entirely her fault and totally unjustified and really unfair. So be careful.

• i could never cheat.. ever..

• i don't know how anyone could think that is okay honestly.. it makes me sick

• I know, it's one of the few things I'm really uncompromising about. It's such a cruel thing to do to someone. :(