This guy I have a crush on offered to teach me to snowboard! What do I wear?

I've never been before so I have no clue. He will pick me up and the hill is about an hour away. He said he has a board, goggles, and helmet I can borrow. What else should I wear, how many layers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of layers, snow pants for sure. A really warm jacket maybe two.

• Thanks! Everyone is saying layers, but I'm deciding how many! I'm thinking three layers top and bottom (thermal long underwear, fleece pants/sweater, and hoodie/sweatpants), then my down filled normal winter coat and snow pants (I do have!). Will that be warm enough or should I add more?

• I think that'll be warm enough, I only went skiing once but I had worn long johns, snow pants, a sweatshirt and a winter coat and I was ok. Just make sure all you're outer clothing is waterproof

What Guys Said 5

• You're going to 3 layers minimum. The base layer that lies against your skin, normaly made out of an artificial material to wick the moisture away from your body.
    second the insulating layer, thick woolens, goose down or artificial fleece that'll keep you nice and toasty. Don't ever wear this sort of thing as your top layer because the wind'll bite through it and you'll freeze your sweat to your own skin.
    finaly the protective layer, this is your outer wind and rain resistant layer, like a snow suit or whatever.

You need two pairs of gloves minimum, in case one pair gets wet, thick thermal socks and boots. I'm a big fan of the buff snoods, they look all thin and useless but they're actually pretty effective at keeping your face and neck warm.

• For the love god don't forget gloves. Is the board in your size? Plus the bindings will need to fit your boots.

• Slightly off topic but heads up that learning snowboard can be tricky and somewhat lengthy. Don't give up thought, it's worth it!

Also when I was teaching a couple of friends, one thing they complained about was sore asses from falling on it the entire day. Same things about the knees.

Good luck!

• Thermals, GLOVES, waterproof jacket, boots, tie shopping bags around your socks too and you'll be nice n toasty. Then when you're all done you can complain about all the layers and take them off one at a time for him or maybe ask him to help you ;P tease him a little.

• Wear layers underneath but a cute coat on top. That's what I would want my girl to wear. (If I had one)

What Girls Said 2

• I snowboard quite a bit. My tips: layer. LaYeR. LAYER! You want to keep warm but still attractive. If he offered to teach u he obviously is into and wants to know a bit more about you. Keep things simple. Another thing to think of is that because you are gonna have to layer maybe keep some clothes fitted. You can't show skin so show your figure! Guys love a girl who modest but still confident!

• Haha thanks! Yeah everyone here is telling me to layer, so I'll definitely do that. I'm not sure if I can manage that while showing my figure though! How many layers do you wear? I have thermal underwear, then fleece pants/fleece zip, and a hoodie and sweatpants? Then snow pants and I don't have a snowboard jacket, but my regular winter coat is a super warm parka, so that should do. How does that sound? :)

• If it's freezing cold, wear like 3 layers maybe. But if it's not too cold, don't wear too many layers because you'll get hot and sweaty once you're up there and riding.