I'm so timid to get out there. I want to be single... How can I start having FUN being single?

Well, I've been single for over 2 years now and I'm just really not ready to date. I'm so not ready that I have turned down guys that just want to get to know me. I know where it would lead, though. And even while I'm clear, I don't want to waste their time or mine.

Well there's this guy. And I like him a lot. He likes me I think way more. I told him right off the bat im not ready for a relationship. He continues to stay in touch and wants to make plans.

I enjoy our time together (only been out a couple times) but it's like... I just can't :-( Im not ready. It's not him, it's absolutely me. I don't want to make plans with him unless I'm for certain I have nothing else going on like with my girlfriends.

I've never had friends until the past year. That's why. I always put my relationships first. And it's the first time I've been single.

So, I get used to talking to him, miss him, make plans, then freak out wishing I didn't.
They're just plans! Like with any friend. I don't know how to go with the flow. I don't know if what I'm doing is wrong? I told him in plain English im not wanting any relationship. He is sweet and tells me he wants to see me. I'm afraid. I want my freedom. I am so panicked right now.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Just see him casually.