I'm 23, she's 32… can it work?

I'll spare everybody the fine details. She's really nice and we've been flirting for a few weeks but we're both hesitant whether to actually get with each other. I know she wants something serious because she also wants kids and marriage which she has made obvious. I'm not sure whether to bite the bullet and go for it or not? I am only 23...

1.) Is this age gap too big and will it have an affect on any potential relationship?

2.) What would you do in this situation if it was you?

3.) Are women in her position relaxed about kids and marriage or will they want it to come quicker than say someone my age?

• No, age gap is too great.
  • Maybe, give it a try.
  • Yes, age gap is perfectly fine.
  • I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• You said a few weeks, do you really like this woman? I'd say give it a go, but keep an open mind. There is a taboo with this large of an age gap and for good reason. Ask these questions before you decide that you want to be with her, even in the short run.
    Am I in a stable position to where I can provide for a dating relationship?
    Do I have enough middle ground with her to truly enjoy her company?
    Do I want to have kids?
    And lastly, am I ready for this kind of commitment?
    If you want to go for it, but don't jump before you think.
    Good luck.

What Girls Said 2

• No don't. If it makes you uncomfortable.

• It can work

What Guys Said 4

• Put the age aside for a second. If you get into a relationship with her and it becomes serious, will you be willing to put a ring on her finger and have kids with her?

• She wants kids and she's 32. You're not Mr. Right. You're Mr. Right-Now. Did she not realize she'd be more successful at procreating when she was 20? Or is she just really picky? If she's remotely attractive, she's turned down perfectly decent guys before you, and she'll likely ditch you once you provide her with sperm, and proceed to suck you dry for the next eighteen years.

• If you're questioning it then NOPE

• I wouldn't want to waste my time or hers. So unless I was sure things would work out, I'd probably pass. But that's just me. I'm not u, lol