Is he annoyed with me initiating contact?

So I like this guy, and I've been trying to flirt with him. We're long distance (for now, but he's coming back in a few months) so I can only IM him online. But I usually initiate. I think in the past week, he only initiated once, and I initiated at least 3-4 times. But because of the time difference, often our messages end somewhere, then he'll pick it up a few hours later (but on the same topic) and we'll continue chatting.

When we catch each other online at the same time, we've chatted for like 3-4 hours at a time maybe twice in the past week, and he's really sweet in his messages, telling me that he's glad that I'm single and that we'd look great together and things like that, and he always asks me how my day was. Then we plan things to do when he comes back and he keeps hinting that he might even come back sooner than I expect.

What bothers me is that he doesn't really initiate often. So even though I really want to talk to him, I don't want to start a convo every time, in case he finds me annoying. But if I were actually annoying, then he'd be really curt with his replies or something, and he wouldn't spend 3 hours online with me, right? I'm so confused! What should I do?

What Guys Said 1

• Shouldn't be so one sided, don't text first for a while.

• I waited for a day and he initiated! thank you :)

What Girls Said 1

• Girls should never initiate contact more than 30% of the times. You come across as desperate.

• but why does he keep talking to me then? When we're talking i don't detect any signs of him not wanting to talk to me! He flirts heavily and stuff, yet he doesn't initiate :(

• I waited a day and he initiated! thank you :)

• Good. Often when u give a guy some breathing room they will initiate contact