Does my boyfriend really mean this?

So my boyfriend tells me that we're not going to last. when I ask him why he tells me that he would feel weird being the only white guy if we have a family. Keep in mind that we're an interracial couple. He says that our kids would end up having my skin color and he would feel weird about it. When I try to explain to him that there's chances that not all of them will end up with my skin tone he still feels awkward. We're fine now but that's still in my mind about how he brought it up. Now I'm afraid that he could end it for us over something stupid.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's difficult to tell where this is coming from. This could be a deep rooted prejudice within his family coming out, or it could be an excuse to end things. Have you met his immediate and extended family? It doesn't sound like HE is necessarily racist, but he could be thinking about how his family would react down the road.

What Guys Said 4

• yes that is stupid. I have no idea what he means. Perhaps he is experimenting with you. Perhaps he is trying to find a reason to break up. Perhaps he is just trying to work some things out in his head.

• That's a very rude and immature thing to say. Please don't have kids with him no offense to you but the world would be better off if he didn't reproduce

• Something stupid? Yeah he's that something.
    Why do you want to be with someone so shallow.

• My god you're dating an idiot.

What Girls Said 2

• If he has no confidence in the relationship and he's contemplating the end already then he isn't that interested in you. If a man is in love then he won't care about any trivial stuff and he'll do anything to be with that woman.

• I think he's ignorant and you don't need to be in a relationship with someone like that.