I'm attracted to his personality but not the way he looks (dresses, overall appearance) should I still persue a relationship?

I like this guy, his personality is all you could ever ask for but his looks not so much. Should I persue the relationship or not. I still feel like I could do sexual things but just he's not the most eye appealing

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay most people will argue this point but I will give my experience on this matter. Dating on personality doesn't work yes that's extremely shallow but I feel for a relationship to work there needs to be an attraction on a physical and mental level for there to be a truly strong relationship. I have dated for personality before and I have dated girls solely on looks as neither worked because without on of those elements you are left unsatisfied in the relationship this leading to a break up. Obviously I am on person and many people have different opinions and experiences with this but this is how I see it.

What Guys Said 4

• I didn't think someone under the age of 30 would think the way you do cos what you're thinking here is a very mature way towards relationship.

One that's more about stability and long term happiness than short term satisfaction. I think you two will do well together.

• Spend more time with him.

Proximity (closeness) often creates attraction; ya never know.

• You're not attracted to him at all? Then no. If you're at least somewhat you could actually see him as more attractive as you fall for him more.

• I used to dress like a fool like most boys and young men do. Now I wear suits and fashionable stuff that women like on men. The compliments on my clothes kind of bugs me now.

What Girls Said 3

• This is a tricky questions and the response can lean toward either way. However I feel that a relationship can not work based on either looks and physical attraction or personality. If the person is a 10 when it comes to physical attraction then the relationship can be based on only lust and sensuality. However if the relationship is based just on personality then the relationship will not have as strong of a connection bc there is no physical attraction. There has to be both so both feelings can be pleased

• Sometimes when you give the person a chance and you fall in love with their personality, they become more attractive to you.

• Hmmm... you do need that physical attraction in a relationship but personality is important as well and it is something that stays. But you do need to be physical attracted to someone (in terms of evolutionary purposes/0.