How do you stop getting too attached to someone too quickly?

Whenever I date a guy I really like I always end up getting too attached too fast which ultimately makes me look like a crazy person and scares them away (and just ends up hurting me more then it should). So, how do you stop getting too attached to someone too quickly?

UPDATE: guys always just end up trying to take advantage of me or lead me on somewhere in the middle of it as well, which is just really frustrating

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not so easy, but try not to think so far ahead. You are young and should not be in any hurry to find a lifetime partner. When you meet a guy just think about one date at a time: Do you want to spend time with this guy, even if I know you can never see each other again? If you do, then see him and be happy. If there's another date that's great. If not it's ok, there are lots of guys out there.

What Guys Said 3

• Damn I wish I knew, but I have the same problem when it comes to girls. It does help me to find it in myself to understand I HAVE to take it slow or there wise it won't work out. Learn boundaries and stuff like that. But it really is hard :/

• Rub one out, take a drink of water and calm down.

Listen to the Beatles and take things slow.

• You're being too easy.

What Girls Said 2

• Let's break it down. When you get attached, you want them so much you will do anything & anything for them. They problem w/ that is that you try to hard to have them. That means you are always there & will do anything for them. Guys seem to appreciate you more when you lay off a bit. You have to make the want you. but you also have to show you care. Also, you get taken advantage of bc you become blind. You see what you want to see. & you're so focused on getting them, you don't noticed he has hoes on the side.

• if the guy likes you enough he won't have a problem with you seeming crazy he will "get it"