Are bad stained teeth a major turn off? Do girls look at a guys teeth immediately?

I was practically born with periodontal disease and it ruined my teeth, was too poor to get all the dental surgery done to correct it but with help over the years I've had mostly improvements like 4 root canals and 6 fillings. My teeth are stained from coffee, and the decay is still there on 1 of my root canals, and all of my back molars. I'm just wondering if bad teeth on a FIRST IMPRESSION are a major turn off for girls. Should I try and get full dentures? I'm 20 and I'm already going to pretty much need dentures.

• YES!
  • Not really.

Most Helpful Girl

• Different places in the world place a different value on the look of teeth. For example, in the United States, society says that straight teeth are a "must". In European countries, there isn't as much pressure put on dental work and straight teeth, so some people there never have braces and it isn't looked down upon as much.

Based on personal preference and the environment that I've grown up in, everyone had beautiful teeth. I live in Southern California and it's the norm to have straight, white, clean teeth. Because of this, I personally notice when I meet someone new and they have crooked or stained teeth. It does make them less attractive in my eyes, but that doesn't mean that I would rule them out based on this face.

When it comes down to it, personality, hygiene and confidence are the most important thing. If you have these, bad teeth can be overlooked. If you're completely comfortable with yourself right now, I don't think there's a need for dentures. But based on your question and your past, I think you should look into it because it will give you more self-confidence and therefore more happiness. But make sure that in your decision, you are doing it for yourself, not for others.

• "In European countries, there isn't as much pressure put on dental work and straight teeth, so some people there never have braces and it isn't looked down upon as much."
      Ehhhh depends on the country I guess, but that's not really true.

What Girls Said 7

• Major turn off. But if I found out the reason, I wouldn't judge you as hard. Usually I judge people with bad teeth because I assume that they're too lazy to take care of them.

• I actually really like teeth, its something I'm really attracted to. But, I am not only attracted to 'good' teeth. I'm poor too, and I have serious problems with my teeth too, lol. Thats poor lyf. I've been with girls with rez rot and stuff, and I have felt that they had beautiful teeth! Don't worry. Only bourgeois care about teeth.

• For me, yes it is. Its wow. Buttt if you tell me about it then well prbbly i wouldn't be turned off as much :)

• My crush has the same problem as you. But he got his parents to pay for his dental work and they look good. But I'm not as shallow as most girls are. I go for personality not always looks.

• Just make sure you brush your teeth and smell good and your fine :)

• Your mouth has bacteria

• Wow!!! We'll grow a beard my BFF he had to grow a beard so people wouldn't notice he teeth... this is not BS is true

What Guys Said 4

• Not really.

• Have you talked to a dentist about veneers? Work from the front to the back, and they might buy you enough time to eventually get them crowned, presuming they are otherwise structurally sound.

• Nah dawg just swish with hydrogen peroxide and keep that chipper personality of yours BUBBLIN

• Dude, you're toast.

Remember you mouth will make love to her. Your tongue will be inside her, so that's very important.

• I don't have the disease anymore. It was taken care of. My teeth are clean, they just look aesthetically yellow from coffee and rapid decay from when I did have the disease. I don't have it anymore. But the stained yellow color will stay. And that sucks. As for hygiene, clean, sterile.

• If it's just yellow, that must not be a big problem.

Maybe you should post some pics...