Is 4 years of distance too long to ask him out, a not quite ex?

He was flirting with me for a few months 4 years ago, on the edge of asking me out and i would have said yes. But didn't know then. We were really good friends, but since I didn't realise he liked me I messed with him by accident. I would like to be with him, or just be friends again now but have barely spoken to him in 4 years, but I see him daily. Also he has started a new relationship recently. Should I even approach him?

• Leave him alone
  • Talk to him as a friend
  • Ask him out

Most Helpful Girl

• He's in a relationship now. Leave well alone.
    It's been 4 years, was your connection really that strong to begin with? You said he was flirting, that doesn't sound substantial enough for you to involve yourself in their relationship.

• uhh i was as dense as a brick looking back i would consider it a full "courtship" (sorry for weird phrase) also we were pretty young

• Exactly, times have changed. He's moved on, I think you should too.
      Sorry, :-/ you will meet someone amazing, just a matter of time but for now, you can't go after someone in a relationship. Even if it is recent.

• Thank you for most helpful :-)
      I seriously wish you all the best of luck :-)

What Guys Said 2

• Leave him alone

• You should leave him alone and let him move on with his life

What Girls Said 3

• Oops, read "new relationship" as new "friendship" and voted for C. Don't do C if it's a relationship. And B sounds a little painful as well. It has been 4 years, just move on while you can.

• Years make no damn diff - found the best SO ever 10 years after the initial stiff arm
    make your move or regret forever
    if no date, then friends until the other gal goes away

• Damn old love... well don't become in the third person... karma is a Biatch