GUYS: do you hate it when girls pay for your meal?

guys, when you're out with a girl say you're on a date, gf etc, do you get mad when they pay for your meal?

i was hanging out with a colleague who im fairly close with and i paid for his too, and in the end he gave up the bill and said 'youre being stubborn'.

is he mad i paid for him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some guys have this stupid entitlement that they are supposed to "treat ladies". It's that chivalry stuff. That's why he got upset.

Me personally I think the person who has the money to pay should pay LOL. I don't understand the double standard behind it. So long one of us pays who the fuck cares? XD

What Guys Said 17

• Paying is a tradition for us. But it's not a big deal if a girl pay, who hate free meal?
    I like the girls who pay because these are the signs of their progressive thinking.

• I'm fully capable of paying for myself, if you want to pay for me, I'm not going to stop you. But don't think that I owe you anything for it, I don't like owing anyone anything.

• I prefer to pay. ALWAYS.

• It's kind of in society expected for the guy to pay, where some guys do that it as an insult for not letting him pay, on the other hand I have guys complaining that girls never do. I pay for a meal and my friend she has the next meal. We just went to French restaurant, everyone was talking in French at starbucks, was so influenced

• yeah thats true, but i paid because i owed him for cancelling him before and i felt really bad and ijust felt like being nice and paying for his meal too. why do you think he said 'stubborn' though?

• He really didn't want you to pay because he wanted to or he could like you a lot. Personally, I just don't like people paying for me unless I see why, was taught there is nothing free in life and I don't like feeling I owe someone something

• I don't really have a problem with that as long as next time I'm paying.
    I wouldn't want to take a profit of someone :o
    Maybe it's tradition that the guy pays but traditions must be broken somtimes :D

• it's the same thing when a guy pays girl's meal.

each should pay their own. PERIOD

• I actually don't mind it. I always say I'll payfor everything and that starts the "no its ok I'll pay" then I say no I'll pay I'm the guy and this gets a response like " the guy doesn't always have to pay!, it's fine I can pay" then I just say "ok"

• so why do you think he said im stubborn then? i did fight for the bill

• It's kind of like being a sore loser. Some people actually want to pay the bill and when you get two people like that one of them won't be happy with the result.

Some men also want to think they've bought you something and hope they'll get the favour returned in "a certain way" if you know what I mean. If you pay he obviously hasn't gotten that ball rolling.

• are you talking about sex cause we did have sex at his afterwards...

i mean i paid because it makes me feel weak sometimes when a guy doesn't let me pay. and also i felt bad cause i cancelled on him before and he was excited to have lunch and stuff so i paid to make myself feel better and plus he did get a free meal and free wine out of it so i dont get why he called me stubborn

• most of the man take it as an insult but i am fine with this if she is a friend or colleague but not when its wife or GF

• insult? i never thought it would be an insult i mean we work together so yes we both get money, though he's a grad and im an intern

• i told u i have no problem but men are more into this that we have the responsibility to earn and why someone pay for us..

• Some guys might think of ist as rejection xD I don't mind it but she would have to let me pay too once in a while :D

• Why would I be mad at a favour?
    To be honest, I believe in splitting the bill - either 50:50, or each pays for their own.

• I don't care if it's my GF pays, however I don't feel good about it if it's people I don't know very well - like a date or a colleague, then it feel like pressuring into a more intimate relationship than I perhaps want at the time.

• No. Not unless they don't have money. I like to at least pay for every other and drive to be fair, i also like driving tho...

• Why would I be mad at a free meal? I don't mind at all

• I Really hate that but its possibly because I'm really old fashion i feel that the man should always be the provider.

• nope i don't mind at all

• Girls shoul sometimes pay ;) but usually we must pay :)

• why do you think he said im stubborn for paying the meal then?

• Some boys hate that situation which girls pay.. if he wants to pay, never mind :)

• No, why would I hate it?

What Girls Said 6

• I'm more for splitting the bill.

• I paid for a guy's meal and he was alright with it. Then I paid to put gas in his car and he was grumpy cat all of a sudden

• I think that whoever asked the other out should pay, at least the majority anyway. Personally, as a girl, I would feel real bad if I let him pay but wouldn't want to start an argument

• that is because you are in Australia. I live in the U. S. and women ALMOST NEVER ask here. Men are definitely expected to ask and pay for most, if not all dates.

• Since my bf is older and has a job he pays but yeah I'm his to look after and love like he's mine to love and if I could pay he probably wouldn't let me

• it's an ego thing don't take it personally.

• I think that the idea behind "who pays for the meal" is meant to be the person who asked the other one out. other than that just split it and don't do anything that makes you uncomfortable