Should I still go on this date?

A guy I met recently asked me out on a date. I didn't really know much about him but we are friends on Facebook and I saw we have several mutual friends. Some in which I'm really close to so I asked around if anyone knew what kind of person he is. Almost every response seemed to be great things. Then one of my close friends texted me yesterday and said she found out why he got divorced and she said it was a very reliable source. She said he ended up getting a divorce because he cheated on his wife with a girl who he works/worked with. And he did tell me the divorce was the best thing that could've happened.

What do I do from here? Cause that's a major red flag. But I have several people telling me to just give him the benefit of the doubt because it could be a rumor. That's the only negative thing I've heard about him but that's a serious situation.

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to find out. You can go on the first date only to "get to know him" and try to discover the real reasons of his divorce. As you said, this can be a rumor and while it's a rumor you must confirm it or not. If it's true, then don't continue, who cheats once can cheat again.

What Guys Said 3

• Once a cheater always a cheater !!
    Tell him he's pathetic and don't get involved !! He's not worth it. Best thing that ever happened? Yea right. He only wishes she didn't divirse him because he got caught cheating.
    He would say anything to get in your pants.
    Best thing so he cheats knowing his marriage was going bad? See,,, he's oathetic

• yeah sure go on the date, but I would probably be a little guarded if I were you. everything you have heard about his situation is hearsay. I wouldn't ask on the first date but if seems to go well by the 2nd or 3rd date I think its fine to ask about the ex since they were married

• Well seems you will have a big risk by accepting his offer. Cause as i understood, he doesn't seem like a honest man. You mean he cheated on his wife! (not even girlfriend) This is so serious thing.. A person who cheated on his wife, easily can cheat on his girlfriend. That's my opinion.

What Girls Said 4

• I would go. Everything you know about hours personality is through other people. You need to make your own opinion on him. As for the affair, there are many reasons why he could have done it. Get to know him more, and when you get comfortable, ask him why he cheated.

• His divorce is none of your business. Let him tell you what happened. If he didn't beat, kill or rape anyone whats the problem. there's plently of guys out here who cheated before.

• I would go, people change and the source could be wrong. No one knows the truth but him and his wife. Go on the date and see what happens

• Yeah id still go. It's just a date not a commitment.