Girls-Would you date a guy that weighs 280 lb and not just a blob, but a guy who works out and tries to lose weight?

Girls I have had 3 surgeries in the last 5 or 6 years? I have gained 80 lbs bc of all 3 surgeries. (Used to weigh 200 lbs) One surgery made me immobile for 6 + months the next one about a month and the 3rd one about 3 weeks. Which those are the primary reasons I gained weight! I do workout a lot when I can as my job permits and time. I work about 60 hours per week and I go to school full time as well. I try everything to lose weight and I try to watch what I eat, but I do go on binges for awhile, sometimes. So I'm just wondering if this is why my dating life is so stagnant, bc when I was 200lbs it seemed like I always had a gf, but now after my surgeries (which were completely out of my control) I have gained a ton a weight and I have tried everything to get back down to that weight of 200 lbs. So is my reasoning correct do girls like a guy that is smaller and in better shape, obviously they were way more attracted to a guy like that, but I haven't changed who I was and I know I'm not that bad looking of a guy. So what gives? Are women just looking at whats on the outside instead of trying to get to know the guy? And why do women do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely!! I love to snuggle and I am energetic and motivated enough to help someone reach goals they may have for themself!! Find a go getter and treat her good!! You'll be set in no time

• I agree completely, it's not like the guy isn't trying, maybe someone who show's him a little support is what he needs!

What Girls Said 6

• Of course guys have it easy they can be bigger and it dosnt even really matter

• Why do you say it doesn't matter? (just curious) Bc some girls like a comment below think guys are just slobs and obese and don't even try, when that could be anything further from the truth.

• Well there is a difference between strong fat and weak fat if your weak and fat then your just lazy if your muscular and fat then you should have no problem with the lady's women like bigger guys in my opinion because they make them feel smaller

• Very good point! My issue is a time thing right now. I do workout even if its at midnight just to be doing something, bc I fig even if its for 20 min its better than just sitting and relaxing. Even though my job is very physical! I prob burn more calories than most people half my age bc of the work I do!

• yes, I look at face, personality and style above body type.

• No not attracted to fats.

• Well wait til you have babies then you'll gain weight, every single girl I know that has that kind of attitude has babies then gets fat, then they complain they can't lose the weight. Well you know what that's life, and you do the best with what life has given you, and if your too shallow to not see it could happen to you then you prob won't be happy with any guy imo!

• Found the fats.

• First off 'm not fat I weigh 190 and if you want proof here is my profile:

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100005699704729

• How tall are you?
    280 pounds at 6'4" is probably just a chubby guy.
    280 pounds at 5'9" is morbidly obese.
    How much is muscle as well? Do you think you have a food addiction?
    These are pretty important questions.

I can deal with a chubby guy who stays active and is healthy. Actually if he's still fit it can be kinda cute. But I can't deal with obesity.

• I am about 5'11" and I am more muscular than other guys, I know I literally have walked for 8 miles straight b4 and I know that I am more active than people half my size.

• The arm curls are a dumbell in each hand. Not a single bar.

• Ah well I walk a lot so it doesn't seem to be a lot to me. Congrats on being fit. But like I said it depends for me personally.

• Only if he was really making a conscious effort to lose the weight.

• Yes he is making a big effort, but its hard to keep up with his workouts and go to work and school, but he is trying to eat healthier, one of his downfalls is he likes to eat out alot!

• That's awesome that's what two people who really love one another are suppose to do, I wish more women had your views!

• I agree.
      I'm sure there are plenty.

• No I wouldn't. Down vote me all you want but I wouldn't. I'm 5'6 and 105 lbs. I wouslnt date someone obese. Sorry

• how could we downvote honesty? you weren't being rude lol.

• @mikedavis33b I'm actually very thin not that I need to justify myself. That's article is also from 2012. How many incidents in the last year have happened in America where cops are shooting innocent people. I'd prefer the UK. And no quite the contrary I'm very selective with my men and that's why fat guys don't qualify.

• So I wanna know what douche bag reported my comment, when yet there are a lot worse comments on here then what I posted!

What Guys Said 1

• It fully depends on what you look like, to be honest.