Would it be weird if an 18 year old girl went out with a 16 year old boy?

would it be weird? Would a 16 year old guy hate having an older girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's weird. I'm 17 and my bf is 15. He's very mature for his age and we get along great. I get teased for it, but I don't care. I mean, he's even gone to college parties where I have gone to like 1 highschool party. He's sweet and wants to date me despite all the problems I have and trust me, I have a lot. He knows all of them too. I don't care if I'm two years older than him. :/

• It shouldn't matter - if a guy's two years older than a girl, people never think much of it.

• Exactly. It really irritates me. My sister and parents always tease me about being with someone younger, but they express their happiness for me when I have dated someone 2 years older than me. It makes me upset because I just don't like getting teased about my relationship especially since my bf is more mature than a lot of guys in my grade and above my grade.

What Guys Said 2

• Uncommon, but not weird.

• i would love having an older girlfriend in 16 and and 18 year gf would be great

• Really? why

• because the idea of dating a slightly older girl is really hot plus being in collage such an opportunity is actually available

What Girls Said 2

• My guy is 20 and I'm 23. We joke around about it but we both love each other. It shouldn't matter.

• It’s illegal. I would advise AGAINST it at all costs.

• Its not me - I just find it weird because I know people who do

• I hate it when people say that. In my state the legal age of consent is 16. That person can have sex with some who's 18 without it being illegal. Also, it's just 2 years and not everyone that gets into a relationship is going to have sex within a couple of months of dating. I know I wouldn't.

• 1. its not illegal in most places 2., even if it were it'd only be if there was sex involved and she never said there was.

18 and 16 are perfectly fine and the gender of each doesn't make a difference