Who else understands?

Have you ever felt irrationally, strongly attracted to someone? I feel so drawn to this guy and i don't want to be, but i can't seem to shake the feeling that there is a strong, unspoken connection between us. Has anyone else ever felt that way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through this right now. I didn't even try to like him. Something about him made me really like him. My heart jumps a little and I can't stop thinking about him. First time this happened to me. I think you're falling for him and that is such a wonderful feeling. If you don't know him try and talk to him friendly coming on to strong can't be good. I'm going to try and be friendly with him it's like when we look at each other omg like a connection is there with our eyes. Thought this was all in my head but I doubt it. I tried to fight my feelings for him which wasn't a good idea. Guess just let it happen it's magical haha. It's like something you read in the books or in the movies so mysterious makes the connection when it finally happens stronger. Later on if we're together we can joke about the glances and smiles from each other. We take two class together and I see him a lot in the library when I study or work. Every time I see him it's kind of freshening can't really explain it. My friend told me to write a poem and give it to him but I'm so darn shy I can't do it.

What Guys Said 21

• irrationaly? nope... tha's impossible basically. there's ALWAYS a reason, but you haven't discovered the reason yet

• Yeah, it sounds more like lust and attraction than love. Be careful, it sounds like you don't really like this person intellectually, which will come back to bite you if you try more with this person than just sex..

• If this counts, then sure.
    umm here's my take.

Met someone on GaG, she has a boyfriend, she lives with her boyfriend... (...)
    she laughs with me on numerous occasions. she enjoys my company.
    She lives far away, so we can't really, physically be together.
    were "together" ... in a way.

I guess. this is irrational?
    I can't relate to an unspoken connection but, this relationship of mine is clearly, Irrational. I think? ..

xoxoxo, your topic, has gotten me thinking. this is rare, even for me. O. O

• Yep, very recent too.
    Sucks doesn't it?

• It happened to me , LONG ago! I was 14 then.

• Yes. I have had that happen actually. Fairly recently too. But based on personal circumstances, I knew it would be wrong to pursue it. So I chose not to because if I did, It would all turn into a train wreck and I would also prove once and for all, that I had no integrity as a man of my word. Sometimes, It's a long, hard fight.

Long and short, If you feel something, But know that something isn't right about the situation, You are better off to fight it. Good luck. ;-)

• The big question is, why don't you want to be? Normally, when I felt that attraction to someone, I went for it. What is stronger, your attraction to him? Or the feeling of not wanting to be?

• Yes i do, love and lust (feelings) are not the same thing.
    Feelings can be unwanted and manipulated while love is very pure.
    Feel free to send a PM if you need someone to talk to about this.

• I'm feeling it right now, to a fucking GUY! DX
    Dammit, bisexuality sucks sometimes when you don't want it. -__-

• Everyone has been through that period of time.
    Well... Do whatever you can to take your mind off that person. (Im sure you have so many other things to think about so start thinking about those things to keep your mind off that person) And like what a few people here say, after a period of time, your problem will be solved. Time heals everything.

• Yes and it happend recently, its a girl that I have found beautiful, but I never really talked to her, And what I never I thought would happen happened, she spoke to me and we spoke for a long time, that really made me strongly attracted to her, but she's just a talktive girl and that didn't mean she wanted to date, but with time that strong attraction weaken, just leave it to time, but that wasn't easy too :(

• "I feel so drawn to this guy and i don't want to be..."

Why don't you want to be drawn to him?

• Sure, who hasn't been irrationally attracted to someone? But you said it yourself "irrational". Ask yourself, and I mean REALLY ask yourself what kind of fuel is feeding the fire. If you can be completely honest with yourself it definitely helps even though it doesn't always make it go away.

• Yep and it's even worse when you find out they have a boyfriend...

• Been there, done that.. with a broken heart...

• Yes I felt that way, but I expected to much of them and it broke off. I learned that day I am just gonna be me, if they like me being me then they can be next to me.

• Yuppp. It's horrible

• no it it's called being whipped

• yes with girls i m not physically attracted to. did not pursue them

• I have felt this way before, I would tell you how to get over it or something but quite frankly I dont know how to, just give it time

• No, I always know what I like about them. I suppose if there are more cons than pros it becomes irrational to want a relationship because it wouldn't work, so I just bang 'em and move on.

What Girls Said 31

• Yep. I used to know this guy who was just... literally the worst person one could be. He did drugs, smoked, swore every few seconds, didn't take care of himself, didn't have any interests and was basically really unnatractive. For some reason I felt myself attracted to him. Lol, I don't know how. Must have been hormones.

But that's an extreme. There's this guy I like now who doesn't really talk to me unless he really has to. I just feel like I'm going crazy when he walks past me and I inhale his cologne. Hnnggg

• You're talking about physical infatuation. It happens to most people.

• Yep. It's chemistry and biology. And who knows... maybe you have a connection to him somehow. There are wheels turning in the universe right now that we cannot see and know absolutely nothing about. Have you approached him? How did you first meet?

• It is called lusting.

• yup, the guy wasn't particularly attractive... he was a cashier in a grocery store, but I just felt this... I don't know... extreme pull. I will probably never see him again, and I don't mind that. Something tells me nothing good would come out of such a strong and almost lustful desire. Its soo bad that even when I think of it now... the feeling returns. #Witchcraft!!! lol.

• Oh yes, i have. Twice. I dont even know why it happened, they werent even that cute but i felt attracted to their personality i guess.

• Probably just lust.

• Yes! I'm in a relationship like this now and it's a feeling I have of regretting I never met him first

• I feel the same as you right now. I don't know what it is, but I'm so attracted and drawn to this person, I don't know what it is about them. It's something about that person that's drawing me in, and I can tell that they've noticed it too, I just don't know what to do, I hate this.

• I did one time it was last year my sophomore year, we were strangers at first and then we started talking and became really close, i can tell he likes me but now we are juniors and have no classes with each other and we never talked to each other anymore

• Yeah I get that.
    We are emotional animals.
    Probably driven by hormones more than anything else.
    Enjoy the ride, and the score if it happens.
    :)

• I absolutely understand. Don't fight the urge. It won't go away until you act on it! Why do you not want to be attracted to him?

• Oh yeah, how do you think romance novels are written?
    Its hard to shake attraction from someone once you're already so far in

• yes, me too. I still like this guy I've liked for almost 2 years. I keep trying to move on, but I can't.
    It's hard to explain why I'm so attracted to him.. I just am.

• I have been there before but with a girl and I always seem to stare at girls whose face shape resembles the girl i liked.

• oh really? Why the face shape?
      The thing I love the most about this guy I like are his blue eyes <3

• I love chubby oval face ( especially the girl i liked) because it's adorable and she looked soo cute when she smiles and at that moment, all I can do is stare.

• Yes it is... here you can understand the difference... the difference between ordinary lust and love.. I believe love is a pure and the most trustful relation on earth.

• Yes! I always fall in live with the wrong guy! Don't you wish you could choose who you like, instead of your heart!

• yes i felt this so hard for a guy about a year or so
    its a very strange feeling

• Attracted to someone but not that kind of feeling you are going through

• Yes, i have felt that way, i understand what your going thorough i did;t want to feel strongly attracted to this guy who played woman like a fiddle.

• Maybe you are feeling the Sparks? Maybe you love him

• Absolutely! Shoot for it girl! 😘

• Yea most people do its normal

• Yup same with me right now

• Yes, it's annoying and strange

• OMG YES!!! I am going through that exact same thing right now and just posted about it. I feel magnetically drawn to my coworker/friend, as if there were an actual magnet drawing us together. I feel his energy/aura (and yes, I know how stupid that sounds, but I really do!). I think about him constantly, even when I tell myself not to. Dream about him all the time (it's like my subconscious is trying to tell me something from beyond). And when he's not around, my heart/soul physically and emotionally aches so much that I literally feel like I'm going to die if I can't be near him. I don't want to feel this way, but I can't help it. It's been going on for a year now, and it's only getting stronger. It really sucks.

We are both in LTRs so it can't work between us as a couple, but that doesn't stop us from being joined at the hip and telling each other everything. I'm pretty sure he feels similarly, if not exactly the same (which makes it all that much more agonizing).

I honestly feel like we have a special fateful connection, like he is going to play a very important role in my life but I just don't know what it is yet. I read my own tarot cards and have tried asking this question a number of times but the answers never make any sense. It is super frustrating and puzzling.

• Yea, its so feels so weird

• Yes... but then I think, "wow, I'm sounding perilously like a stalker or worse..." so then I try and control myself.

• Yes going through this exact situation right now. I really don't want to feel this way cause i know the guy is a total player so i've basically been avoiding him. Sometimes i feel like i'm still in high school with these feelings of just random attraction, but then you just have to remind yourself that you should always go with your brain, because your heart is stupid as f*ck:)

• I thought I was going crazy and was all in my head... I am crazy about this guy, when we met we had a one night stand and then he wanted to see me again but even though I wanted to see him I was not sure if would be a good idea, then I eventually forgot about him and almost a year later I ran into him and here we are hooking up again and we ended up fighting... I can't stop thinking about him though, I never thought I will feel this way and I sense he likes me this way too... is this chemistry? wth?

• Yes I have that problem right now and I can sense that he feels the same way too, but he has a (long distance) girlfriend so there's nothing I can do about the connection I feel. It really, really sucks!!

• More from Girls
    1