How to ask out a shy girl that I don't have a major crush on?

So there is this girl that is pretty shy at school. I had a suspicion a while back that she liked me because she is always super outgoing to everybody but me. I mean yes she will talk to me and say high, but she won’t go out of her way to talk to me. Anyway, one day after Spanish class (which is the only class I am in with her) she started telling me how great I am at Spanish. That I can speak the language really well. I thanked her and such, but it wasn’t very enthusiastic. The Reason? I was caught off guard. She is probably a better Spanish student then I am, and Spanish isn’t my strongest subject… I switched the topic on to some service trip she went on, and we soon parted ways. The question I want to ask is, Should I ask her out? How should I ask her out? And should I apologize and re-thank her for not enthusiastically accepting her complement. (just to clarify, I wasn’t rude. It just could have been slightly more positive) I am definitely leaning toward apologizing. However, the dating issue is a problem. I wouldn’t mind dating her but I don’t have a crush on her. If she asked me out, I would say yes. However, I don’t really want to go out of my way because I was rejected by one of her good friends about 2 months ago and I don’t want to appear desperate. Again Should I ask her out? How should I ask her out? And should I apologize and re-thank her?

What Girls Said 1

• Don't ask out someone you don't like, what the hell.

• That's not what I said. I said i wouldn't mind dating her. I am spinning the idea in my head.

• If she isn't upset about it then don't bring it up again, just be nice.

• Thanks

What Guys Said 0