Is this normal: Guys my age aren't interested but older guys are always?

I don't know why because I look my age, if not younger! People say I'm mature but that's probably because I'm quiet. I'm not as shy as I use to be, people say I'm just laid back.

I'm getting tired of talking to all these older guys, for once I want a guy who's around my age. And by older I mean 3-8yrs which is a lot since I'm still in school. Some go to my community college but I think guys my get the impression that I'm not interested.

Most of my male friends are my age but they just see me as a friend. Even their hot friends who I don't know act like I'm invisible but none of my female friends have problems with getting a guy our age interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• Older dudes are more forward, there's probably lots of dudes your age who like you but hide it.

• Yes they sure are but it makes things easier because I hatebbeing confused with whether the guy likes me back or not

• It can be awkward in the aftermath, that's why I don't go for girls in my social group. Sometimes they come to me! lol JK. I've been rejected enough not to give a fuck but successful enough not to be deterred, it's a dangerous combination! lol

• Lol I wish I could get over it quick but it takes me months to recover

What Guys Said 6

• I'm in a somewhat similar situation as you, because younger girls always seem to show interest in me although I'm 28! So probably, the answers you get here may be applicable for me as well! :P

• Well I don't think women want to chase a guy regardless ofage

• Hehe, in which era are you? Gender roles have changed a lot in the past decade!
      Not saying girls 'chase' me, but in the world it does happen more often than you believe!

• ask a guy u like out yourself

• I've never gotten to know them well enough to do so. They either don't seem interested so I'm not gonna risk rejection or they have a gf and I'm no homewrecker!

• Lol nah I did that back in grade school and cried for days then gave up on dating for about 2yrs each time

• well then u need to befriend a guy and leave breadcrumbs

• Its due to the fact that an older dude feels he would be better off dating a girl much younger than he is, than a girl that is the same age as himself... When you are a 19 yr old male. You are surrounded by 19 yr old females. Big deal... hehe... When you are 45 like myself... then you surrounded by 45 yr old women... hehe

• when you've lived a little longer you appreciate better not to let a good catch run away

you are also less likely to beat around the bush, if she says no, move on

younger guys are still nervous, unsure, self esteem issues,

i'd approach you with confidence but don't let it offend you, may be a guy your age so far, is not right for you. someone will give it a shot but they may not be a great fit so choose with care

• The thing is... older guys are usually more confident to approach the girls he's into, so it SEEMS like guys your age aren't into you.

But trust me, there are plenty!

• Right herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe you dress too conservative

• Since your mature, you probably click better with older men

• Had this problem since I was 11, though it evens out as I get older I just developed young :/

• Plus, everyone always places me at older than I am telling me how mature I am and look.

• Not all of it, everyone tells me I act mature. When I was thirteen everyne thought I was eighteen just by talking to me.

• Then I guess it's the way you carry yourself

• It's probably because you're so quiet