Is it okay for a 20 year old to date a 40 year old?

I am 20 years old. This 40 year old man is really sweet and he wants to go out with me. I want to date him, but I keep having this feeling that I should date someone my age. But I really want to date this man. I'm So confused. What do you think? do you think dating a 40 year old single man is legit?

Okay, I am not talking about long term relationships I'm in a fickle; do I date him or not date him?
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, I'm not interested in how much a man makes. I'm just asking if I should date him or not. He is way older than me and I'm having second thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't expect anything to be too serious, but if you just want to have some fun with a nice guy go for it. Be prepared for you two to drift apart, it is likely that the vast age difference will lead to separation, but have fun in the meantime.

What Guys Said 6

• Sorry but woah.. I think you should date someone around your age.. A person who is 40 can't be serious to that younger girls.. He just may like to have fun.

• yeah, but I just wanna let you know a lot of older guys date girls a lot younger than them just to have sex with them and to recapture their youth, not all, but most so good luck.

• Well, I'd think this was weird and awkwardly mistake him for being your dad with you personally but you can do what you like... none of my business really

• whooo is he your sugar daddy?

• you dont want to date him, you want him because he has money, all girls are the same, you will be judged a lot

• I don't know... why dont you ask your father to introduce you to some of his friends?

What Girls Said 3

• I can't say it is wrong or not. What is wrong? To whom?
    I think your heart and brain tell and whisper things. And you feel something is wrong related with this relationship. This is why you're asking.
    Mentally he is way older than you. I am not talking about mathematics. I talk about experiences. You are just beginning of the life, but he has passed through already some important things.
    Common interests, experiences.. They all come to my mind. Ideally, love just matters but realistically it doesn't seem to me longtime relationship.

• Ewww why would you? You can get a guy your own age or at least one who's in his 20s. Why you want some old man? When I was 20 I saw guys above mid 30s as old men. Please get a young hot guy leave these middle age men alone unless you have enough game to finesse him out his cash without giving it up. But don't actually date him. You're downgrading and it would be socially embarrassing if people knew ur man was old enough to be ur dad. I'm only 5 years older and I wouldn't date a 40 yr old

• If you are both of legal age and are willingly consenting to this... then who the hell cares!!