Girls: would you consider dating a guy who's taller than 6'6"?

I'm curious if girls are interested in dating guys who are taller than what is normally considered tall. In other words, would you consider dating a guy who is freakishly tall?

There have been some posters on this question who've parroted the ridiculous fable that tall guys father huge babies that destroy women's bodies. This is just another form of discrimination against people who are different, and it only serves to increase negative opinions about really tall guys. Please do not believe this garbage. Here's a link to a research article that concludes that the father's height has no correlation to the length of his baby.

http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2393/13/33

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5feet2 my bf is 6feet4 so I'm sure there are plenty on girls that would girls like tall guys

What Girls Said 17

• No, I couldn't date you, because I couldn't have kids with you. You're too much larger than me and our child would cause a lot of damage. A less wiser me would date you, I've dated guys taller than you many times, but you need a taller woman. Someone that matches your frame.

She gave an interview of how pregnancy ruined her body. Her husband is 6'6" and she 5'1".
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...mage-36_1416333074133.jpg

• You've dated guys who are over 6'8" many times? Seems unlikely. For what it's worth, there's not a woman alive who "matches my frame" this side of Brittany Griner, and she's gay.

I hate to tell you this, but pregnancy "ruins" every woman's body regardless of the height of the father.

• How telling. When confronted with the facts, you still refuse to acknowledge that you're wrong.

• I don't want to date you. You're too big.

• i'm 5ft 6", you're a foot taller than me lol. I would, I don't know what it is but really tall guys turn me on, definitely attracted to the height

• I mean, it would be pretty comical. SO for the humor factor, probably. :p

to give you a visual:

ryanseacrest.com/.../hayden.jpg

Dude there is 6'6'' and she's 5'1''

• PLUS she's wearing heels there so she's a bit taller than her actual height in that photo.

• I think she's hot, and I would love to have a beautiful, petite girl like that by my side.

• I hate that girls seem to find this funny. It's like tall guys are more novelties than real guys who girls take seriously. No one likes being seen as a freak show, whether they're very tall or very short.

• Eh. I don't know. It'd be very awkward. I guess I would if we really, Really, REALLY liked each other. I'm 4'11 and he would just have the hardest time trying to just kiss me. Lol I don't know. I guess maybe yea if I really liked him and he really liked me.

• So what height wouldn't be too tall?

• yeah what she said and im like 5'8" i wish i was a bit taller there's a sweet girl out for you somwhere my friend dont give up :)

• @Lionseye Thanks for encouragement. I'll say this: guys think it's always better to be taller, but not necessarily so. There are guys at my college who are in the 5'9" range who are far more successful with girls than me, so there's no magic formula.

• I would.. I'm 5'2"

But does having a giant kid really ruin a girls body? :S I didn't know that before..

• No, it doesn't, at least no more so than having any other guy's kid.

• Sure, if I was single I would. I'm 6'1".

• Really? I hardly ever see really tall girls with really tall guys.

• I think it's just not as noticeable because the height difference is smaller.

• I know I could but... I'm small, my boyfriend is always way taller than me (5ft2 and 6ft2) so next to a 6ft6 guy, I would like a dwarf...

• Would that be a dealbreaker?

• I don't think that would be a deal breaker. I would definitely have to adapt thought. I've always liked tall men.

• I've dated guys between 5'7 to 6'7. I'm 5'7.

• Did you want to date the really tall guy, or did you date him in spite of his height?

• Not all of them, but some.

• lol Obviously no one is going to be attracted to all guys just based on height. I'm just curious if girls are *open* to dating guys who are like 6'8".

• No I'm like 5"2

• What's wrong with being 5'2"?

• I'm so short I like my bf taller but not double my height

• That really sucks, cause most of the girls I've ever liked have been between 5'0" and 5'5".

• I'm 5ft. And I only dated guys 6ft & up I love really tall guys as long as they're healthy not emaciated ( my friend is that way he looks sick.. he's just unhealthy lol)

• Do you assume that most really tall guys are unhealthy?

• Yeah, tall is usually considered good, but I've heard from some girls that I'm too tall. I asked this question because I was concerned that most girls feel my height is unattractive.

• Well they're a minority don't worry

• Absolutely yes for me. Taller is better

• Yes, I wouldn't care :)

• I would date a tall guy :) I rather like tall men. my boo is 6'3 ^.^

• But I myself am 5'8 so Im not exactly short... Not really ', tall' but not short by any means :)

• aabsolutely!!! Tall guys are immediately more attractive to me...

• That's awesome. I rarely find tall women who like ultra tall guys.

• Height doesn't matter ! I would.

• I wouldn't mind.

• Yes, having a taller guy isn't going to be a deal breaker for me :)

• Nahh. I dont even liking dating my guy. He's 6'1. Id rather havr a short guy like me.

What Guys Said 0