When it comes to intelligence and knowledge in the person you're dating?

do you prefer them to be just as intelligent and knowledgable? more? less?

versed on the same topics of interest?

personally, I want a guy who is as intelligent and knowledgeable, but would rather we have some very different interests so that he can turn me on to something I may have never bothered to explore before. as well as many of the same things.

• less in intelligent and knowledgeable/educated.
  • on the same level.
  • more intelligent/knowledgeable/educated.
  • really don't care.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either B or C, both are fine with me. I'm like you too, I'd prefer it if we had different interests so that we could teach each other different things. :) As long as he's not snobby about it, of course. I hate it when people know stuff that I don't know anything about, and they start trying to rub my nose in it. I don't mind having someone teach me or tell me about things I don't know about, even if it's about stuff that I SHOULD know about (which can obviously be a little embarrassing) as long as they're nice about it. The second they start acting like they're better than me, I stop listening to whatever they're trying to explain. I'm not interested in talking to arrogant people, haha.

What Guys Said 11

• I'd prefer to be near the same level, but honestly how can you judge that? It'll always be an approximation. A lot of my deepest knowledge that I consider valuable is probably nonsense to a lot of people. So be it.

I will readily admit when I'm wrong nowadays and I'm just ceaselessly spouting opinion, so knowing a bunch of solid facts doesn't do too much for me as long as we're willing to learn together.

My biggest turn off is ignorance, just not even wanting to hear about something. There are plenty of things I don't like (even hate), but I still know about them rather than stay in the dark. That's called L-E-A-R-N-I-N-G!

• I want he to be at the same level as I am. If she's a bit smarter than me , it's OK. (I know I'm intelligent but not really streetwise when it comes to socializing)

• My wife loves working with adolescents. Oh miracle, I do stand annoying adolescents better than I can stand people reminding me of co-workers and customers.

• what kind of work do you do?

I used to wait tables. I now despise a lot of people in restaurants. lol

• I wouldn't want her to be significantly less intelligent than me nor would I want her to be significantly more intelligent. I'd want her to be one my level but honestly I'm fairly average in the intelligence department so I'm not too worried :/

• who cares about intelligence? :-P

of course she should know how to speak eh?

• so, you'd never date a girl who's deaf or mute, is what you're saying? ;p

• not judging you, I mean what do you talk to them for/about? I thought you just straight to the sex.

• we talk as well... we're not mute all the time. they're not only for sex but for companionship as well

• Voted B. I would like someone educated to match myself although it's not absolutely a dealbreaker. Doesn't need to be incredibly knowledgeable or anything.

• It's nice to be able to engage in intelligent conversation with your partner every so often but it gets annoying as hell when every conversation turns into a heated political debate. For that reason it might be best if we share the same level of intellect but a touch above or below wouldn't create any problems.

• I like debating. sometimes.

I guess it really just depends on the two people involved.

• yeah, debating with another intellectual can be pretty entertaining, but there has to be room for playful and stupid conversation in the mix. Otherwise it just becomes a serious bore.

• I want B for a balance but my mouse moved and I voted A...

• I don't really care, but I can't really keep up with super intelligent people.

• I insist upon an equal. Otherwise I fear that someone is being taken advantage of.

• I prefer to see effort to be knowledgeable. Beyond that, I'm good.

• I like them stupid, gullible and easily lead!

What Girls Said 5

• same level or better in terms of intelligence and knowledge.
    and... i would really like us to be well versed on mostly the same topics. good books and biology. ugh. I LOVE IT WHEN GUYS ARE INTO BIOLOGY <--- i have yet to find someone who knows how protein quantification works AND has read Maupassant.

• I don't know about those thing either, and I love biology, especially how the body works..

you gave me something new to research. thanks!!

• And then smoke a j and dance around to Hindi music!

Ayayayayayayyay!!!

• LOL. smoke a j... :p

• Anything is fine with me as long as we can have decent conversations.

• I want him to be on the same level, but with a different type of knowledge. If we were on different levels, we would end up having a lot of arguments.

• why do you think it would cause a lot of arguing?

• If I were smarter he would think that I was trying to embarrass or humiliate him. On the other hand, if he was smarter I would feel bad, because I would be the dumb girl who dates the smart guy.
      So, this would cause arguments.

• Same level, or even more. Just not less. At least not significantly less.

• Same level or more.