Does someones taste in music play a major role in if you will consider being with them?

only asking because guys have said that my taste in music is unattractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• I love my music, but I also know that most women I date won't be a big fan of symphonic power metal. That said, I have to put up with their lame radio music or pop country (makes me want die). But it doesn't matter to me what kind of music she likes. She just needs to be prepared for me to playfully (but very secretively seriously) rag on her music choices.

• i can honestly agree with this because some of the guys i have tried to date listen to complete shit and i will playful make fun but they will come out guns glazing and just rip apart my music. which sucks but i guess it happens

• Oh man! Nirvana blows a big one. They're so overplayed and trite. Whine whine this and whine whine that while a mediocre voice and lead man plays mediocre guitar. He did the world a favor!

(haha, that's what I'd say if I was having the argument with you! *though the last part was added simply for kicks*)

• pretty much what i hear everyday!

What Guys Said 3

• I mean, maybe if it was something that was indicative of lifestyle. Like if your playlist was all songs about gangbangs or method.

• It's cool to share the taste in music but it's not part of my consideration if I like her or not

• No. I've had girlfriends who listened to total shite but I'm not with them for their taste in music. It's similar to a girl liking a food I hate, it doesn't matter.

What Girls Said 3

• i used to think no... but damn, music is so important to me.

BE IMPRESSED BY SOUNDTRACKS OR GTFO!

• music is important to me to and thats why i get so mad when guys shit all over my taste in music

• then they suck. plenty of dudes in the sea :)

• yessss, definitely! that's probably one of the first things i look for. if your taste in music is polar opposite from mine, my interest in you goes down a bit. one day, i hope to find a guy who has a similar taste in music as me :)

• I'd usually say no... but yes... I HATE rap. Sorry, I don't hate the person, but a little unattractive... I just get really disturbed every time I freaking hear it.