I don't want to break up with him and then find out that something else is causing him to act like this.

Okay, so me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 3 months now. No very long, but we have actually been good friends for about 4 years. He was in the military and recently got out and we started hanging out again and instantly clicked. When we first started dating he wasn't really making an effort and I was questioning whether or not I had made the right decision to say yes when he asked me out..but then one day he apologized for the way he had been acting and said it was just because he was scared...I don't get it..but from then on things had been perfect. He was like the perfect boyfriend and I couldn't picture myself being happier. We had never had any type of argument...things were perfect...well last weekend we got in our first little fight and Ill admit it was my fault..I was having a bad day and took it out on him. I told him I was sorry and such and I figured everything would be fine the next day...it wasn't. Ever since then he has just been a jerk. He hasn't been calling or anything. I don't know if he's doing it so I will break up with him or if he's doing it because he's still mad. I feel like I'm wasting my time right now but I don't want to break up with him and then find out that something else is causing him to act like this all of a sudden. Do and guys have any advice on what I should do or why he's acting like this?

What Guys Said 1

• One little fight and he is running for the hills? Is that really the type of person you want to be with?

Fights and arguments are a part of any healthy relationship. If you're not arguing from time to time, you're not communicating; i.e. the relationship is not going to last. If he turns and runs the other way when on the rare occasion you do have an argument, he's avoiding communication; agen... the relationship is not going to last.

Cheers.

• Thanks for the feedback! I completely agree. When we first got together he was saying how he wanted to go through thick and thin with me and blah blah blah and the second things aren't perfect he puts this wall up...This has happened to me with a couple guys I've dated. Its almost like I feel like I should not be so nice all the time that way when an argument does happen it won't be such a shock. lol

What Girls Said 1

• The best thing is to ask him? You can't really know from people who weren't there to analyze the situation. If you ask him why and he gets hostile then he might still be mad. Then you don't need to be with a guy like that. In my relationship I'm the one that hold the grudge but my boyfriend makes the effort to make me happy, That's the mans job to make us happy sweetheart. Every heard the phrase "if she ain't happy you ain't happy." Its more than just a phrase.

• Well he said he wasn't mad anymore and that everything was fine but its clear by the way he's been acting things aren't fine. I have been going through these past few days wondering what I did that was so wrong for him to just start acting so different from what he was a week ago. And when I was trying to talk to him about it the other day he wouldn't really say anything...