Age difference an issue or not?

I have been seeing this guy and I really like him but there is a bit of an age difference.. We met at a bar and exchanged numbers and have been talking a lot. But he is almost 10 years older than me does anyone think this is an issue?

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend is 32 and I am 22. We have been together for 2 1/2 years and we never even consider the age difference. We live together, we love each other, and we have healthy communication. We haven't had any major issues relating to our ages, but I cannot speak for everyone. Before you enter into a relationship with this guy, consider what you want in the long run. Are you looking for something serious? Do you eventually want to get married? Have kids? Are you still exploring life and trying to figure these things out? Since he's older than you, he may be looking for someone he can settle down with in the next couple of years. Are you ready for that?
    Of course, these are important issues to discuss in any relationship. It's very important to be open and up front about what your expectations are regarding commitment, future goals, etc. The more honest you are in the beginning, the easier it will be in the long run. Plus, you can avoid wasting your time and possibly having your heart broken.
    The only other piece of advice I can give you is to consider the fact that, since he's so much older than you, it is likely that he's had several more sexual partners than you have. This would be important to know for several reasons. First of course would be to make sure that he (and you) is responsible and safe, and it's good to get that awkward conversation out of the way BEFORE you start having sex. Trust me, it'll be far more uncomfortable asking those questions while you're half naked standing in front of each other. Secondly, it could give you some insight as to the type of person he is, or what he's expecting from you.
    Basically, just be honest. If you are honest with him he should be honest with you. Don't ignore the age issue, but don't dwell on it. If you're compatible, you'll be able to adapt.
    Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 5

• Nope, I'm personal dating a girl younger.
    I'm 31 and she's 19
    And it's absolutely wonderful, we both don't mind the age gap, we have similarities in interest and we both really enjoy each others company even without the sex
    She initially thought I was 24-26 but that wouldn't have stopped her from approaching me

• how old are you?

• It's not an issue.

• no if you really like him it's ok my father is 8 years older then my mother and still they are living happily for 32 years of marriage^^. so don't worry BE HAPPY :)

• I have seen old man of 80s marrying girls in their 20s, just coz they r rich.

What Girls Said 2

• I always go for older men, they're just more mature, sexy, and comforting haha.. Good ol'daddy issues haha!!

It might rise a problem later down the line, just if you're at different stages of wanting too settle down/wanting different things.

Only one way too find out! :)

• I don't think so...