Does anyone else get anxiety when they text their crush?

I'll text them first and freak out after pressing send and I'll turn my phone off for 10 minutes or so because I get so nervous haha its weird! Is anyone else the same way?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes lol. I rarely texts him first, and when i do it i get all nervous and if i do it when we're recently dating, sometimes i turn the sound off and wait like an hour, bc if i dont hear the sound i won't get that itanxious cuz i'll be thinking "it's probably bc i turn it off. Plus i know that in an hour he'll probably text back and i'll feel more secure.

What Guys Said 2

• Used to, now I don't give a fuck lol.

• i usually dont have the chance to constantly be talking/texting with girls. so when i am talking to one and the conversation is going well, i get anxiety, feel nervous, everything lol

What Girls Said 3

• Yes!! He usually texts first but when I do, I think that I'm bothering him. I had to reach out to him for a misunderstanding that occured not too long ago and I had to text him first. I sent the text then threw my phone on my bed and took a long shower xD

• When I was first texting my boyfriend (he wasn't at the time) I was nervous, but not a lot. I preferred seeing him in person. Like I still don't text him unless I need him to pick something up for me or to say goodnight. Don't worry about it. Once you're more comfortable around them,, it gets easier :)

• For sure it's horrible I feel your pain.