My boyfriend smokes weed.. Help?

Okay, so my boyfriend and I are in high school.. Sophomores (so no, I'm not 18).. We've been dating for a few months now. Earlier this week he told me that he smokes weed, and I don't know what I should do.. I have already made it perfectly clear to him that I will never smoke weed with him, so I'm not worried about being pressured to start. I care about him, so I'm not asking if I should break up with him.. It makes me worry because he doesn't think that it's bad for him, but it really is.. I want him to understand how bad it is for him, but I'm afraid that if I try to educate him on the effects of drug abuse he'll be offended.. Should I just drop it and not mention anything about it, or should I say something? He doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do this.. He is sweet, unlike those guys that think they are just super cool..

Most Helpful Guy

• Weed is good for you. It calms the mind.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say something, if he's not 18 yet and if you care about him enough I would help him. If you really do like him like you say you do I would help him. I'm Lds/Mormon don't get pure pressured. But yes you need to tell him the affects and if he doesn't stop after a while and your riding in a car with him, and if he has it on him your gone for life or a very long time. So yes educate him before sometching bad does happen. And if he continues to do it I would leave him.

• You want help? Just leave

• LOL! while some people that 'just think that they are super cool' smoke weed, lots of 'nice' non cool wannabes smoke weed too. you'll realize that later in life!

What Girls Said 2

• You can't change someone. If he wants to smoke weed then that's his choice. If it's that big of a deal for you then break up. If not, then keep dating him but don't mention the subject or try to tell him he needs to quit.

• You won't have any effect on his smoking by trying to educate him because if you knew anything about weed then you would know that its not bad for you so it would offend him because you two would be debating about it just like anyone else that knows the benefits. I don't smoke and even I know that is not bad I just don't do it. If it bothers you that much it always will and eventually it will cause issues even if you don't say anything. There isn't anything that you can do besides ask him not to smoke around you if he does it.