Would you rather? would you rather?

would you rather be in a miserable loveless marriage until you die or be alone til the day you die? give reasons for your choose.

(I watched 'gone girl' tonight with a couple friends, it made me think of this.)

• loveless marriage.
  • forever alone.
*choice.
GIVE REASONS FOR YOUR CHOICE!

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh God, Gone Girl freaked me out to my core!!! LOL

I voted B. I would choose to be alone given those options. I have seen people in loveless marriages plenty, and it seems like a prison sentence more than anything else.

• it is an interesting movie. (:

too many people. that's why "settling" is such a bad idea. only go for the one you truly love, I think.

What Guys Said 13

• I'll be alone, no problem. Gone Girl was some crazy shit. But I loved that part where she's detailing everything, and is like "Step 4: befriend local idiot", and it shows that dumbass neighbor with the baby carriage walking by and waving, hahaha.

• Voted B because I love this quote :-
    quotes.land/.../Being-Alone-is-Better-Quote.jpg

• i'd choose forever alone anyway, wether the marriage is loveless or not

• B, without a doubt. I got my PS4, and I could always get a dog.

• I know plenty of people in loveless marriages, and they hate it.
    I would rather be alone, not being harassed by somebody breaking my balls.

• WTF BOTH MAKE ME SAD

• Alone for sure. I'm very comfortable in my own skin and I'm pretty introverted, so I'd be just fine being alone. That's infinitely better than being tied up with someone in a miserable loveless relationship. Fortunately for me, I'm married to a beautiful and wonderful woman that I love. =)

• Technically both choices pretty much give you the same fate on one side your alone and on the other side your in a loveless marriage which no one wants to be in. So you miles well be alone anyway since everything that makes a marriage a marriage is missing.

• Loveless marriage because I would still have someone to talk with every day, to have sex, to go out, to travel with... Being alone I wouldn't even have those things. Of course there would be no love between us but still I would have someone around me.

• not just loveless, also miserable. (no one seems to be paying attention to that part)

• even miserable and with someone > forever alone with noone to speak with

• Don't bet on having any sex in a loveless marriage.
      There wouldn't be much talk either, just yelling at each other.
      Travel would be difficult, being with someone in close quarters that you don't like.
      I know plenty of loveless couples that won't go on vacation together, they go separately to avoid each other.

• Forever alone because I would give myself all the love I need! Plus I'm relient on myself.

• I'll just kill myself now.

• loveless marriage. I'd just have affairs.

• why not just be single and promiscuous then?

• that's the point. in both scenarios, you're alone, weather it be truly alone or connection-wise.

• I'd rather be single and sleep around, if I can't have a relationship that means anything then I wouldn't want to commit to one.

• Am I alone apart from my wife in the loveless marriage? If we were married but both seeing others we did love that would be certainly better than being alone. Also even if we didn't love each other, provided we got on alright and didn't hate each other I think it would still be preferable.

• What does alone entail? No romantic involvement ever at all?

• Sorry, I must have read over that.

"if you're afraid of being alone, get a roommate, not a wife." I wasn't sure what alone entailed. So we wouldn't be seeing others in the marriage?

So would I be able to have relations with women if I were alone, just never a serious relationship?

I guess I'd prefer to be alone, now that I think I know what each entails.

• (Though I would like to have children, and if I'm going to be miserable either way, that might be a plus side to being in the loveless marriage.)

What Girls Said 8

• Single and alone on Valentine's Day but with company on the weekends (; lol
    I'd date til I die in that case cause there isn't anything that sounds more miserable than a trapped marriage.

• Forever alone.
    Loveless marriage is just a punishment. Love is important in my life. I cannot fake it. And I cannot see myself with someone who I do not feel anything.
    I would choose forever alone. Try to be happy as I am.

• Forev's alone, man. Forev's alone.

• Be alone like... romantic interest wise? I can still have friends? I just wouldn't date anyone? Is that it?

Because I choose that one if it is.

• exactly.
      and what's your reasoning? I'm also curious why everyone chooses what they do.

• Because it's been a really long time since I've been in a relationship, so I know that I don't need to be in one - a loveless one, at that - to get through life. I'm fully capable of supporting myself financially and emotionally. :)

• Omg you watched gone girl too. That movie was sick AF 💃💃💃💃💃 so awesome. I would die alone. The woman tbh was a fucking psycho 😢😢😢😢😟😟😟😟😟😟dying alone is better than to be living with pain everyday of your life and pretending to the outside world that you are fine and your life is worth emulating. Well Gone girl is my best 2014 movie

• I would do whatever I want and do my thing, loving yourself first, thats all x

• Gone girl---> terrific movie.

Hmm I would actually say that most people would choose to be in a loveless marriage. I think the character of Nick is an embodiment of the average man. He chooses the easy path of life, rather than the difficult one.

Nick could've left Amy, could've started over, could've taken the difficult path to fight her, and everything she stood for, but his approach to the whole thing, was 'ah screw it. I'm never going to win, so I'll just stay."

I would think most people in life, no matter how dire the situation, eventually after a point adopt this attitude towards something.

• I agree! especially the statement about many men doing exactly what he does in the movie.

what's your choice?

• Hmm

If I were in Nick's place, I would choose being alone.

In real life, I don't know lol. If the situation was just that I didn't love him, I would stay, because marriage is meant to be taken seriously, and I'd fulfill my promise.

However, if my husband (like Amy), had done something completely unacceptable, I can't see myself staying.

• Define "alone"

• you live alone, or maybe with a (non sexual) roommate, and never have a serious, meaningful relationship.

• What about your friends and family? Because those are very meaningful relationships.