To any smokers on GAG, have you had trouble getting dates because of your habit?

I don't smoke and if you've been around here long enough you'd know that most here would not even consider dating someone who smokes, and you'd think they would never get dates at all.

But is this reality? Smokers of GAG how much trouble do you find in getting dates? and if you do, do you think your habit is your biggest reason why?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really simple (for me at least)... Don't smoke around them until you know they're into you. If you follow by that ideology than there is no trouble getting a date.

What Girls Said 6

• I smoke. Somewhat lol. I have never had any trouble getting dates because of it. I had a boyfriend for about 18 months who didn't smoke and he didn't care that I did. He even let me smoke in his house at the time.

• yeah, for how much i see people on here say they wouldn't date smokers, i still see them in relationships all the time. So i guess thats a big clue that internet =/= reality lol

• It depends where you live. Here in Europe , more girls smoke than guys on the regular.. many guys smoke occasionally. Also, smokers have this stereotype of being more generous, so non-smoking material girls will definitely like that.

• I still see smokers getting dates

• I'd avoid smokers altogether, especially when dating. Unless he was really determined to quit soon and was working on it and doing well. But I really don't think I could. I know there are smokers that get dates and marriages and such and that's good but I'm not sure who would want to live with a smoker other than a fellow smoker.

• they hide it in the begining.

• I always hear non smokers wouldn't consider smokers, not just from on here, but no guy has ever turned me down because of it. Some have wished I would stop, but that's about it.

What Guys Said 3

• I smoke french fries but i don't date anyway

But i wonder how girls would find a guy that smokes french fries

• I'd never date a smoker. And to be honest, if I'm technically interviewing someone for the position of a relationship partner, I may as well prioritize quality over quantity. I am NOT interested in smokers. Simple.

• I'm an ex smoker. Never had trouble getting dates.