I've got a Problem with a Girl who's native tongue is chinese and her English is really bad?

So I've met this one girl on a dating site, i know i know. its lame and i know that myself, didn't use any subscription bla bla anyway, she started talking to me or better yet texting. So here is my problem. She is originally from China, and has very bad English from what i can see and heared a bit. I myself am from germany but my English is pretty decent and i do not mix words up and all. So i'm kinda in the middle here, she sounds like a nice girl and all, but the language turns me off, like REALLY BAD. I do not want to meet her and get her hopes up when i feel all f*cked up about her language. so is it wrong for me to think this way? am i beeing ungratefull or mean?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a legit reason to not pursue someone.

You already have to make the effort to get to know someone.
    Now you have to make a whole other effort to break through a language barrier.

It's not worth it in my opinion unless you are than willing to.

I think you're being understandable and should move on, if you don't want to make that effort.

What Girls Said 2

• well at least she tried to speak English. It will be hard for you to understand because English is not her main language. Just like I am. I'm from Indonesia and English is like the third or the fourth language but I manage to speak it. The way to solve it maybe you should let her motivate to learn English.

• For one, online dating isn't lame. Many people here have tried it out and might get offended by what you said if i understood it right.
    You should stop talking to her if you dont want to keep her hopes up. She'll get over it.

• i mean her English is hard to understand, and i know about beeing foreign, but when i listen to hear i have to ask multiple times what she meant. which is kind of rude in my oppinion :/

• I understand. I've talked to a few people like that before and it's kind of amusing and annoying at the same time but barely constructive in the long run.

What Guys Said 4

• Language barriers exist and are normal, you're not being ungrateful because you can't understand her. But those things can be improved. What about trying to help her to improve it? You can even learn some stuff in Chinese.

• there are 2 solutions:

1. study chinese
    2. tell her to study English better

choose wisely.

• If you talk to her on the phone first you mind find she speaks English better than she writes it.

• I've heared her English a bit over the phone, i thought the same when i was just texting with her but the after a call i was like, Oh my!

• Err well that's it the, you can't build a relationship with someone you can't talk to.

• We are all entitled to our dating preferences. I'd go for one date, what's the harm?