Does physical appearance matters to you girls?

i would like to know your views..

I will choose inner quality in a person. it's not like beautiful person only got quality, why people think ugly or imperfect, they are same , not different don't have like 3 nose or 3 ear, we are human, peoples should respect and give equal chance to everyone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it matters, as it is usually what makes a first impression. However, I would NEVER date someone only for their looks. He'd have to have a decent personality to match. On the other end of the spectrum, if someone had a great personality but he was hideously ugly, I probably wouldn't date him. I don't mean to be at all judgmental on outward appearance, but there's a reason we aren't attracted to certain physical traits.
    Basically, a guy's personality is more important that appearance, but it's great to have a nice-looking love interest to match that killer personality.

What Girls Said 194

• It's like 25% of the equation. You want 100%. So even if he were drop dead sexy, he'd still just be 25% and so not dateable. If he were absolutely hideous but had 100% of the other qualities you're looking for, he'd still only be 75% and so not dateable. So it's important, but not THE most important.

• yes and no. For me I'm not that superficial. I'm not going to turn down every guy that doesn't look like Channing Tatum and doesn't have the perfect body. That's pretty messed up in my opinion. I think personality, morals and intelligence count for a lot more than the physical side. On the other hand, I would never go for someone that I wasn't at least somewhat physically attracted to. I couldn't date someone that was morbidly obese or that I found in no way attractive which I think is only fair.

• I believe in a healthy body and healthy mind (I sound like a massive greenie) but I am overweight according to society however my doctors tell me I am healthy. I believe physical appearance matters yes, but it changes dramatically if you are wanting to change it (from bad to good)
    And relationship wise, nobody starts talking to you based on your personality, there is usually some small level of physical attractiveness which can then lead on to love a personality and person for their flaws and perfections, or can be entirely attraction based

• Okay so guys always ask this question and I'm just going to finally lay down the facts:

For the MOST part (there are exceptions here and there) girls want to be with guys whom they perceive just as attractive as them even if they're not consciously thinking it. A very unattractive woman, for example, would be willing to date a very unattractive male. Meanwhile, an attractive woman would not be attracted to the same male and most like would not consider dating him.

So is it important? Depends on who you're looking at!

• It's important to be attracted to the partner but that doesn't mean that they have to be conventionally attractive, you know? Most of the time personality is primary and looks are a bonus, like they don't matter but if we like their personality we'll probably end up finding them attractive too anyway. But at the same time just because a guy has a nice personality doesn't mean we'll fall for him either. Like if I met a really nice guy who wasn't attractive I would probably not be that interested, even if we got along well. But if I met a good looking guy who I got along with I might be interested in getting to know him. But when it comes down to real feelings, if we fall in love with you for your personality looks don't matter.

• I will not lie. Yes it matters. But not by much.

A. I need to find the person physically attractive, TO ME.
    No, I don't care if he doesn't look like Channing Tatum. In fact, Channing Tatum is not my type and I don't find him good looking. I prefer scrawny, nerd guys, but I'm open to date other body sizes as long as it's not like obesity. My first ex was skinny and my second ex was a bit chubby. A lot of the crushes I had, my friends would say "Ewww Buchita. Really? You like him? You can do so much better."
    Or with my exes, sometimes my friends/family would say "I don't find him attractive Buchita. Sorry." And me being the smart ass I am, I'd say something like "Well, then I guess it's a good thing I'm the one fucking him and not you huh?"

B. Just because I have to be attracted to him physically, doesn't mean I ONLY care about his looks. Negative! Everytime I say "I have to be attracted to his looks" people assume (a. that I want a greek god or something and) that I must only care about his looks. Nope. If he's not nice, I won't be with him. Plain and simple. If he's arrogant, I won't be with him. I prefer a guy who's also smart and funny, but those 2 I'd be willing to "sacrifice" as long as he's nice, kind, well mannered. I have to be as attracted (or more) to his personality than his looks.

I guess it's the same with guys. We all just want someone to be with that WE consider attractive physically and emotionally. It's human nature.
    It'd take either someone really noble, someone blind, or a liar to not care about looks at all. We all care to some extent.

• Yes, but not as much as I think it does for guys. I know that everyone is different, so the only "requirements" I have for a guy I'm interested in is that 1) He is taller than I am and 2) He is healthy, takes care of himself.

For me, I care a lot more about who a guy is on the inside. What is his personality like? What are his morals? What do we have in common? What is different about him that I like? How easy it to talk with him? But being physically attracted to the guy your dating is important too. How can you continue to spend time with, kiss, or maybe even sleep with that guy if you're not physically attracted too?

• It matters somewhat. A lot of people have a "type", some don't care. I personally have a wide range of looks I am attracted to, so physical appearence does somewhat matter to me. But it is usually not a problem for me because I find a lot of people, and or looks and styles attractive.

• physical attraction is a prerequsite.

• Somehow, yes it does... it is important for the guy to be good-looking, but in some cases it doesn't really matter.. for instance, I've had a crush on this guy who, as everybody thought, wasn't even cute... but he was really smart and a gentleman.. so, I guess the behaviour is more important, since I wouldn't wanna be with a sexy douchebag.

• Well yes. The initial reason I'm attracted to a guy is the way he looks. I won't go as far as to say "love at first sight" or any of that, but definitely, if a guy's hot, he does have extra points with me (initially). Eventually, it wouldn't matter as much, but lets get real - when you're in bed and things are 'intimate' - it is easier to be satisfied if you like what you're looking at.
    But in the scheme of things, like a long term relationship, I would learn to be attracted to somebody if I loved who he was inside, even if he wasn't conventionally attractive to me.

• I think this is entirely based on what kind of girl. There are some out there who are materialistic and extremely judgmental. Then there are those of us who may think ur kinda cute but the more we get to know u the hotter u become. When I first met my husband at my friends house I thought he was super goofy looking, he was nice but not someone I would normally date... then we became best friends and I see him as the most desirable man I've ever seen and everything he does turns me on. True story.

• Call me shallow, but yes it does! I'm not saying that looks are more important than personality. Because that's not the case. But I at least want my man to be attractive enough so that I can kiss him and the such and not feel disgusted. If that makes sense.

• offcourse it does we'll be lying if we said it doesn't
    but the thing is that the physical appearance is what we first see but then we get to know each other and if you had a good personnality then it'll all work out while if you had a crapy one then no matter how good you looked trust me we'll be going no where
    cause at the end what counts it's the mental understanding of eachother

• Based on what I personally think - my friends and I are always saying "ohh that guy is so HOT!" And that is a joke c; but I mean we talk about attractive guys but this is where personality comes in. Girls in everything I have seen are so much more accepting of guys being larger, not being the most attractive- they are just great guys! So in general yes girls look for attractive guys but when it comes to relationships we go for the guys that are human ^u^ guys that have great personalities and interests in life. I realize I am not a guy but I personally think girls can be more accepting of guys being larger- guys are a lot of the time looking for the perfect physical appearance for a girl so they can show off to their friends- this part is just my insight though

• It really depends.
    For me, personality plays a huge roll in it. I've met guys that I was like "certainly not" and then got to know them and found that they were funny, intelligent, and challenged me and suddenly I found them super attractive.
    I've also met guys who I was REALLY attracted to physically that after getting to know them I found no residual attraction.
    Typically if a guy is average looking and has an okay personality I'll give him a chance.

• In all honesty the first thing any person looks at when they notice someone is their appearance. Call it ignorance, prejudice, human nature, whatever. Truth is that first glance typically determines whether or not a person will or will not go for you. However, I think personality plays a bigger role than appearance. I speak from experience when I say when you like someone they start to become more attractive in your eyes. I don't know, why but it happens. Besides a guy can have a model face but end up having a dick personality. What's the point of a relationship if you can barely stand the guy? Can a relationship even survive like that? People with good personalities typically hold good values, which means that he will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

• Yes, but it doesn't matter as much as personality. Like, I can find a guy physically attractive, but if he doesn't have any good personality traits (I personally like guys that are funny, smart, respectful of women, and that have some of the same interests as me), then I just get completely turned off. And for me, physical appearance is less of a matter of whether or not a guy is conventionally attractive, and more a matter of whether or not he's my "type" as far as physical attractiveness goes.

• Honestly, yes to an extent. I feel the need to have attraction before I build a relationship off of it. Sometimes there are guys I dont find the least bt attractive physically, but I am interested in their personality and find it attractive. Personality is what keeps me. If a guy is incredibly attractive but uses girls, is disrespectful in general, etc. I will lose all respect and not like them.
    I just need attraction. Physically or personality attractiveness is what gets my attention, and personality keeps me.
    I dont believe in "giving a guy a chance " if i dont have any attraction to him because it feels like you are building a house on no foundation. Sure Ill be his friend and maybe that will change if I find him attractive in any way. Im not sure if this sounds picky or not, sorry if it does /). (\ Hopefully I gave you a bit of insight.

• No, it doesn't. I have preferences like anyone else, but I wouldn't rule someone out because he doesn't look like the kind of man I am attracted to, physically, if he has a great personality.

• Yes. People who say "looks don't matter" are freaking liars I'm sorry. Yes personality is what love is about, but looks is what attracts you to that person. Plus if you're with someone who isn't that attractive people would probably say crap behind your back about how ugly they are and that's hurtful and embarrassing

• Sadly for most girls yes, however if you have other traits like intelligence or humor it shouldn't bother girls how you look. The right girl probably won't care about your appearance.

• It depends If your 'approachable' looking i. e. have a big smile on your face. There is nothing more attractive than a smile honestly. Kindness and humour are big weaknesses for me. But eye contact and a smile is just lovelyyyyyy :-)

• Sure, but I'm so lax about it. It's kind is ridiculous.

• In my opinion "no" physical apperence doesn't matter when it come to a girl liking a guy!!! If your dating and you and your gf go out somewhere then "yes" I would want you you to look nice!!! I will say there r some stereotypical girls out there who would say yes!!! Hope this helps!!!

• It matters, in the sense that it helps to build sexual attraction. I wouldn't have sex with an unattractive guy. But it's definitely not all that matters. I've turn down hot guys who had arrogant personalities & I've dated average guys with cool personalities.

• "Undeniable chemistry, a good laugh, partner in crime, epic conversation, a friendship, unquestionable loyalty" - that's the way

• I don't think I am very picky of appearances. I mean yes, first thing I look at is their eyes, but I do notice if they smell and look clean. I also look at their teeth? I don't know I might just be weird, but I do like to see if they have good hygiene and if their clothes are clean, and clean shoes say a lot too. I would take a good smelling, clean guy over an attractive guy with bad hygiene any day!

• In my case I care more about the personality, but looks are important too at a certain point I guess. By that I mean that we might be searching for something specific but if the boat brings something to the shore worth taking then we'll take it. At the end of the day the hot guy could be a jerk and the less hot one could have all the traits needed. I'm speaking by personal experience.

• Physical attraction is important, however everyone has their own opinion on what/who they find beautiful. In a group of girls, each of them would find different people attractive, and it's the same for guys I'm sure. But in all honestly, if you have a great personality (I know that sounds eye-roll worthy but it's true) you're going to appear beautiful even if you have seventh leg and some extra eyes.

• More from Girls
    164

What Guys Said 21

• Yes it matters. I think it used to matter less back in the day when domestic rape and violence were more feared. Back in the day guys could be abusive and get away with it, divorce was frowned upon so women were stuck- if you asked those women if looks mattered they'd say, "FUCK NO" and they'd be praying for an actual good guy.

Things have changed now. It's better now in the sense that there's less violence but it's also worse now in the sense that it's making relationships harder, I think. But that's another story... lol

• Is it women's egos or something? Do they feel too much empathy and have to lie? They say all they care for is personality yet I can think of so many times I've seen women reject guys with awesome personalities simply because they werent as good looking as they were.
    I mean for gods sake girls be honest! You wouldn't date the elephant man even if he had the greatest personality of any man you had ever met. But I bet you would tell him he'll find someone and make up an excuse as to why you don't like him in that way.
    "You're just too much of a good friend". You'd friendzone the poor guy, also one of the terrible things girls do to good guys.
    Seriously girls, just admit appearance matters.

• You're actually right. For some reason women play the "personality matters" b. s. I honestly do like all kinds of men excluding fat (sorry) my ex actually had his 2 front teeth knocked outhe in high school. Never bothered me a bit. He had a tooth retainer, but it was uncomfortable so it wasn't a big deal when he didn't wear it.

• Sooo true, it's actually kinda sad :/

• True and honest saying of all times

• It matters to everyone, men and women, it's the basis of attraction

• it matters to me. fosho.

• It matters to everyone, nobody wants to date someone they are not physically attracted to. It's just human nature.

• Indeed physical appearance matters to women. There is generally a wider range of what is considered attractive among women than there is among men, but looks matter nonetheless.

• To girls its the most important thing because its what they see first so f you all who says other wise because im right an your wrong. Like honestly do. girls ever fantasies about the ugly guys or the. guys that look hot its so damn obvious. So a question like this is common sense lol an also I've had vodka so dont message me about the random peiords or the spelling. I am amazing so suxk it

• Yeah it matters to girls. Guys too.

• It matters about as much as it does to us guys.

• Physical appearance is the first think that attracts girls to guys this really applies if they are both strangers towards one another.

• girls change their minds like they change their panties, it's all about timing, coupled with a good follow through, that's why ugly joe dimaggio had marilyn monroe, he could time a pitch and had the best follow through, he also never took his eyes off the prize..

• don't let them lie to you, of course it matters. you will GET the girl easy if you're good looking, but you just have to not fuck it up.

• Of course.

• Of course it does, they are only human after all.

• Well that helps

• Yes, more so in fact than it is for guys.

• My girlfriend broke up with me this morning... Many reasons but one is she said she has an emotional and spiritual attachment to me but she is not physically attracted to me... How shallow...

• Of course it matters, how do people still not know the answer to this question in this day and age? It is how we are genetically made.

• Just as much as it matters to guys. Most people are in relationships with people who are about the same level of attractiveness.

• To most girls it matters more than to men.

• yup , of course dude it does matter to women , the same way it matters to men!!!