Should I move to a different state for a relationship that has been going for a short time?

So I met this guy at the start of this year and we have been on a few dates. He finds everything I find funny and we can just talk for hours at a time, we both argue on silly little things and its just great how things are at the moment.

Problem is he is leaving to go to uni in another state end of next month and I don't want to lose him.
We were drunk last night and talked about it because I stormed away angrily and he followed and I asked him about all this and said I didn't want to leave him and he said that he didn't want to leave me either and i asked if he would want me to come to qld with him and he said if I wanted to that he would like me to because he says I'm fun to be around.

So now I don't really know what to do because I've almost been dating him for a month and I don't know if moving to another state and stay at my aunties would be a good idea or not? Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• On the surface it sounds like a high risk gamble. You've only been dating a month and you want to move to another state. On the other hand, what would you be giving up to move? If you aren't giving up anything important then you aren't putting much at risk except your time and maybe your pride. But if you have something important going on where you are now then I think the risk is way too high.

Bottom line is that one month is a VERY short time to jump into something like this. But only you know your own heart. If you really think he's important and aren't giving up much, you only live once, so go for it just for the heck of it.

• Yeah I'm currently on a gap year so I don't really have that much to lose at the moment, pride is like a big thing here though, I really don't want to do something and have it blow up in my face.
      Thank you for your help though!

• Well the easiest way to get around the pride is to just announce ahead of time that it's a YOLO thing. Just tell everyone that you don't have anything else going on. So what the heck, if it doesn't work out then it's not a big loss.

• That is actually such a good idea aha, will definitely do that!

What Guys Said 1

• I think it's a great idea if you have nothing much going on for you back at your home state.
    It'll be a great life experience and you have your aunties looking out for you in case things go wrong.

I wish you the best of luck.

What Girls Said 2

• Is he offering you committment and living together? Because that's the only reason you should move to another place for him.

• I will say no. He is going away for school, so Im assuming you should be getting into college soon if not already. Too young to move away for a one month relationship. within the first month or two, someone always seems perfect. give it a bit more time to see if your connection is that strong with him first.