Is it a turn off for a guy if a girl has a kid?

as a guy, would you not go for a girl, even if you really liked her, because she has a kid? why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy. It's not a turn-off to me although I do think it would be slightly trickier because I would also want to have a good relationship with both mother and child but not necessarily be a replacement father.

What Guys Said 16

• Nah it's not. I mean if I'm just hooking up with her I really don't care, but if I was trying to date her it would make me think. Like I'd have to think things through first.

• Errr... yeah... it would be... tbh

• I am not a fan of being the new daddy I want my own kids. So yes it is but what if I really like the girl hmmm

• It is a turn off but being obese is a far bigger turn off personally. I mean at this stage of my life I don't even know if I want kids and if I get serious with someone with a kid then I am basically forced into looking after them. I wanna be a free bird and be able to come and go as I please and travel and shit having a kid makes that a lot harder. I mean I wouldn't have a problem being friends, perhaps hooking up but a relationship I am leaning heavily towards no I would not.

• Yeah that's a turn off. I'd never be number one to her and I just don't like having to work around the time frame of a child as far as when dates can occur etc and the child would often have to come along because you can't really just leave a kid at home while you go out.

I don't like the idea of ever having to look after someone else's kid either.

• It depends on the sitution I have dated a few girls with kids and all have been different. One girl she and her daughter moved in with me it was find until her daddy got bent out of shape and starting making threats and my gf she started using coke and other stuff. The other girl we were in a relationship for 3 years I raised her daughter father nowhere to be found. One day she decides to leave and years later came back asking me to accept her and her daughter back into my life oh and she has son now from another guy.

• The two brains between my legs, which tell me to abandon everything else and "MAKE IT PREGNANT" (the only thought they actually have) are unaware of your kid. Unfortunately for you, my actual brain is very aware of them and considers your situation as a massive red flag which must be vetted very carefully.

• As friends of or hooking up it's all ok. But honestly I would not date such a girl at least not till I'm in my 30s or so.

• And why? Because if possible I prefer to have as healthy family constitution as possible and not something like "wife's ex-husband's half children". Plus, financial support for the kid can be also a never ending issue.

• I would and at this point, the "mistninja314" decided to hold his tongue on why he said yea LOL

• I'd prefer to have my own kids, not somebody else's. Yes, half of the kid is from the mom, but the other half is from the guy. I don't know the guy, and have no interest to know him.

• No.. ur juz a sex materials. Im sure most guys will say that. Marrying a cutie, she's gotta be fresh and clean👌

• It may be. But it depend on boy. I had date with a girl who has a kid. But it was ok. Understanding is important.

• why would it be? you wearing a scarlet letter? its not your fault. he should accept you

• No not really. I have been with a so called milf in the past.

• Yah. It is a complete turn-off for me, even from 100% down the drain.

• id actually find it kinda cute. as long as the kid isn't a little shit, that is.

What Girls Said 2

• yikes according to this I'm going to be forever alone, I have a 5 year old, if they wouldn't accept me for all of me then they didn't need to be in my life anyways. .. I've had boyfriends we just went out when my son is with his dad, its not that difficult. i would never expect a guy to help me financially with my son it's not his responsibility it's mine and his dads and we do so, I personally think I'm getting to old for anymore kids, I'm happy with my one, but I would never restrict someone who wanted one of his own..

• It would be a turn off for me, because I don't want kids of my own, let alone a stranger's.

Also, being this young and a single parent says something about that person's character. Should have used protection. Getting someone knocked up by accident is a major turn off for me.