Would you date a person that doesn't have high school education?

Would you date a high school drop out that doesn't even have a GED either? Does education matter to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally would not. I know this sounds harsh but I do value intelligence and I think it's not too much of an ask. I'd like my own career, and a family I can provide for. How the hell am I meant to do that marrying a drop out?

What Guys Said 4

• No, I wouldn't, and I wouldn't if I were you. There's no sense dating somone you know there can't be a future with. A high school education is the absolute bare minimum to simply have a career in this country.

• I care about intelligence, not formal education as such. That said, I think it's extremely unlikely that an intelligent girl would have such a lack of formal education.

• I would. I don't care much about formal education. I do care about intelligence, personality and drive. I know a few hs dropouts who traveled, educated themselvesbin other ways and started a their own businesses. In the other hand I know some idiots and slobs with university degree. Formal education is important but it is not center of the world...

• It makes no difference to me whether they have a Diploma /Ged and education level makes no difference to me

What Girls Said 4

• No, I don't think I would. I find intelligence important, and ofc not all of those who finish High School are intelligent but the chance of them being smart is bigger, I think.

• I think there's a difference between education an intelligence.. A person can be smart in paper, but still be pretty stupid.. While others can be incredibly intelligent, but 'stupid' on paper.

As long as they have people skills, I don't mind if they aren't the brightest.. Although intelligence is a huge turn on and would prefer it :)

• Education matters a lot to me. High school is one of the easiest times in our lives so if your not willing to complete even that it's a bit of a turn off. You may be really smart and high school wasn't your thing, so it's not a complete no but I want someone who completed high school

• I wouldn't date someone who doesn't have a high school education, because I want someone who'd be able to have a good job. I want someone that would be able to make a family survive with me. So no.