What's the age of consent where you live?

I'm just curious the age of consent where everybody live. My state it's 16. I heard that somewhere (not in the US) age of consent is 12 or puberty but I'm not sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's 16 here. It doesn't matter though, becuase if I were to have a relationship with a 16 year old girl (I'm 18) people would still give me a lot of sh*t for it since she would be in high school and me in college, which somehow makes me "too mature" for her.

• Haha they mean two 16 years old can have sex with each other then.

• Regarding to the 16 year old girl you're talking about, she can have sex with another highschooler 16 year old and no one would talk about that.

• I know. Yet me being 2 years older is suddenly a horrible thing.

What Guys Said 19

• 16 in Canada, 18 back in Hong Kong and the age of consent being 12 thing I'm not so sure but in Europe .
    Austria, Germany, Portugal and Italy it is 14, and in France, the Czech Republic, Denmark, and Greece it is 15. Used to be 13 for spain but they realized how messed up it is and raised it to 16

• 17 here, but if the person is 15 and their partner is less than 10 years older than the 15 y/o one, they can have sex (I just looked it up :P).

In Spain though, it was 13, but they agreed to rise it to 16. I don't know if it has already been applied though.

• Wow up to 10 years older? Wow that's a lot! Where do u live?

Here it says age of consent is 16. But 16 and 17 could have sex with a person no more than 60 months older (4.999999 years).

• I live in Illinois.

• Wow. Lots of places say under 18 can give consent, but only for sex with a similarly young person. Do they become kids again if the partner is older? Interesting logic. If it's not about consent but the age difference, why isn't 18 and 80 illegal too?

• 18 and 80 is legal everywhere in the US I believe because age of consent range from 16 to 18 here. If you're younger than 18 there might be a restriction but if you're older than 18 hell you can sleep with a 120 year old you cares.

• Having that to say, age difference only matter when you're under 18! However, yes I think that's no sense on how they restrict 16 years old and up to only have sex with someone no more than a certain hears older than them.

• Yep. You're either capable of giving informed consent or not. How old they are doesn't affect that ability at all. We just don't want, as a society, to admit that teens can make adult choices, and we don't want old ugly people having sex with them. It's not logic, so much as a Societal value judgment.

You can't tell me though, that my high school German teacher could have raped me when I was a freshman. You can't rape the willing and if I'd had a shadow of a chance I would have loved to have sex with her. It wouldn't have been abuse either, even though she was 30 or so and I was 14. I never wanted anything that bad In my life, lol!

• 16. There's also a near age exception which makes a 14 and 17 year old legal. Under 18 with someone in a position of authority over them may also be illegal.

That's a relatively recent change. It was 14 when I was growing up.

• Well my bf is a year younger than me. He's 17 so we're legal here but say we go to Oregon (age of consent is 18) what happen?

• Legally 16
    Biologically 11

• what the fuck?

• I'm glad we cleared that up :]

• Nice to meet you @Alexzktra. I enjoyed talking/debating with you. *shake-hands* ^_^

• In the UK, the general age of consent is 16. However, the age of consent is 18 in the case of prostitution or P*rnography or if the other person is in a "position of trust" (such as a teacher).

• here's 16

...

• The legal age of consent is 16. However, individuals as young as 14 years old are able to consent to have sex with a partner who is 18 years old or younger.

• Age of consent here is 13yo, but there's a whole
    bunch of rules tied to how it works.

• 18 over here

• Where do u live?

• Yeah right Cali is 18. What? 12? So if the police catches a person having sex with their partners at 12 it's okay?

• "sex with someone 12-18 is not illegal per se, but can still be open to prosecution under certain circumstances"

Is what I got off the internet.

• 16 over here

• its 14 in germany. i think thats when most "kids" nowadays start having sex anyways XD

• Age of consent is 14 here,
    however it's more complicated than just that. I think charges might be pressed if one of the partners is 21 or older and the other one younger than 16.

• In both Greece and Sweden it's 15 years old.

• 16 in the UK

• in Algeria it's 19

• 16 years old

• The age of consent in my country (somewhere in the middle east) is 25 years old or something, it's a little vague but I'm being serious. Boys and girls shouldn't be making sexual decisions unless they're independent and have their own jobs or places. However the legal age of consent is 18, but it's more of a novelty than a practical rule.

• 25 years old wtf? Well I heard in some countries it's illegal to have sex with someone you're not married to so yeah...

• No the law is mostly civil, people can even get drunk outside, but the social notions deem it unacceptable for singles to mingle, especially when the society thinks they should marry instead.

• Secular not civil*

• 17. I live in OH

What Girls Said 8

• The age of consent in Virginia is 18.

• 16 yo for singapore

It is illegal to have sex with a person under the age of 16 with or without the minor’s consent. Sex with a person below 16 is called “Statutory Penetration of a Minor Under 16″, S376A, Penal Code.

If the minor is a girl below 14, the offence is called statutory rape.

• I googled it hahaha

The age of consent for sexual interactions in Australia is 16 years of age. The age of consent for anal sex is 18 years of age, while the age of consent for all other sexual behaviour is 16 years of age.

• Aww haha. Wait what? They have consent for anal sex separately? Then at 16 or 17 police would have hard time proving it's anal sex aha.

• hahahha i had no idea about it until i googled it 0_0

• 16 I believe

• Consent for sex?

• Yup
      (filler)

• I really don't know for sure.
      Cali is complicated.
      they have some kind of chart where say the girl is 14 and the guy is 15, or 16, rape is not statutory.
      but if she is like 16 and he is 21, it is.
      Interestingly the charts don't seem reversible.
      If the girl is older it might not apply, but I'm not 100% on this.
      Unfortunately, we can lie about or age to the guy, and he still gets the jail door.
      So sad about these archaic laws.

• Well in Cali age of consent is 18 I believe, but yeah maybe there's other restrictions tied to it etc.

• the age of consent is 16

• In Iowa, it is 16 regardless of age of the partner. However if one partner was 14 and one partner was four years older, then it is legal.

• My state it is 17