Need some male/female opinions on modern day dating?

So here's where i get confused. Is dating as it used to be? Is it possible to create a relationship just from "hanging out" etc at each others house etc. Do people still romanticly go out for meals and things as a date?
Cause this guy I met, well we have been getting on really really well and we went out for some drinks last week and had an amazing night. Since then he's shown no interest on going out and doing something again, but keeps saying he wants to see me again and we should chill at his. I did and it was fun, we just got high, but can a relationship stem from this kind of thing or am I just wasting my time?
Girls with boyfriends: How did your relationship form?
Guys: If you liked a girl would you go through the whole traditional dates path, or is chilling just the same (but cheaper) ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is dating as it used to be? When was that? I don't think people go to the malt shop and then make out in the back of his dad's Oldsmobile at Lookout Point.

Is it possible to create a relationship just from "hanging out" etc at each others house etc. Yes.

Do people still romanticly go out for meals and things as a date? Yes. Most of my dates have been dinner, movies, drinks.

Chilling works (and is cheap) - but there's only so long you can sit on the couch, watch Netflix, talk and go at it. You need to go out into the real world and have new shared experiences together.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't know how far back you mean when you say used to be? I'm 35 now and in my teens & 20s me or people I knew never really did the whole 'dating to get to know each other' thing, always just hung out, ended up in bed together a few times, only when we became an 'item' did we start going out for dinner and doing other stuff you'd think of as dates.

• Uhh well honest opinion women really are not worth the same effort anymore.

• I used to take girls out but now I just hang out. I kinda matured in that sense and came to the realization women are just not worth the effort as I was raised to believe

• I just date 2-6 weeks per girl so that I keep getting sex. I dump her when the shit starts. 98% of girls aren't worth it anymore

What Girls Said 2

• It varies. However, with guys I've just met, we usually go out a couple times initially (for coffee, drinks, dinner, ice cream, movie, etc.), then have dinner at each other's places, chill, and from there go out once in a while.

I also like to check out street festivals and unique (but generally cheap/free) events going on, and if I'm dating a guy, I often ask him to come with so we can hang out. There's a lot to do in my city if you're a little creative and pay attention, and most of it for free or relatively inexpensive. I'm a college student, and the guys I date are also mostly in college and not working full time, so neither of us has much money to spend. These dates are usually pretty fun anyway though, and gets you out of the house. Maybe you could try some of this with your guy? See if he's down.

• I don't have a boyfriend at the moment, but I think it's the cheaper thing like you said. People can't afford to go out to eat, go to the movies, etc. all the time unless it's McDonalds. I think you can get to know someone just as well, maybe better from just hanging out. And there are some fun free or cheap things you can do to. You could go for walks, bike rides, go to the beach, go walking downtown, have a picnic, go to a drive in (so much cheaper than the movies), plan/go to parties, browse bookstores, go for a drive (gas prices are way down!!! :), farmers markets, board game nights (or video games), play in the snow, go see a local band/sports game, have a romantic dinner in, movie night in, the list is endless!