Do you ever feel like giving up on finding love?

Love honestly does not even seem worth it. After getting my heart broken by every single girl I have ever liked I feel like I would be content just being by myself. Instead of putting myself out there I feel like I shouldn't even try anymore. Does anyone else feel like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, most humans have at one point or another decided to give up on love.

I decided to give up on love many times... and then I met my wife. My aunt underwent a very bad marriage to someone who was mentally ill. He died, and she gave up on love. She them met my uncle when she was 40 and the two spent 46 of the best years of their lives together. My own mother was married to an abusive man and divorced him. She doubted she would ever find a good man. Then she met my father and spent 51 very good years with him.

The trick is to try to get as much out of life in between relationships and to learn something when relationships end, as the aforementioned people did. We must also be sure that our lives are amenable to having love in them. So what are you doing with your life to make it attractive to someone who could love you?

What Girls Said 8

• My current situation

• It's been seriously considered.

• Yessss!!! It's soooo hard to find someone that I can get along well with. Especially seeing my friends are getting married and some just broke up and found a new person in 2 weeks. I start to thunk there's something wrong with me

• I believe everyone has a soul mate. Yours just hasn't come around yet. till then focus on you. some are lucky to find theirs early some late. shell come around hang in there. oh learn from your mistakes.

• What if that soulmate died in an accident? *holds ups my hands* just asking

• Thank you for your opinion. You give me hope :). And if anything I have learned a lot of lessons from my stupid mistakes!

• now when you meet the one channel that expierence. it will benefit you God bless

• Of course I have sometimes felt that way but I would never actually do it. Every now and then you need to take a break from it though and focus on yourself.

• I think everyone feels like this at some point, keep your head up, start fresh

• I pretty much have already.

• I am more or less at that stage :D

What Guys Said 8

• You can do both, can't you? Learn to be content and happy flying solo whilst keeping you eyes peeled for a special person, someone that can join in on the fun.

• In order to receive love, you have to give love.

But it is not guaranteed. Nothing is.

Perhaps your are still journeying toward finding your true purpose.

• Very insightful comment.

• I think you'll find out what's true and what's not if you take the time to ponder your own life and what surrounds you.

I wouldn't suggest giving up, but I would recommend modifying your view of the world to be as open as possible so that you are never stuck in a rut.

You can only seize new opportunities if you realize that they are opportunities in the first place.

• If you'll rather have solitude be your friend , no one will stop you and no one can.

• I have. I just sleep with girls now. and I don't think love is real. usually people don't love you well anymore. people love you for what you have. everyone has something. body, face, looks, money, its not for the person you are or how you make people feel anymore. so yeah I've given up. tell me your story

• I completely understand. You are pretty similar to me. I've slept with quite a few girls and it just gets tiring hooking up with randoms and I feel like shit the next day. I'd rather have one super hot chick then 10 so so's. It honestly seems so hard for me to find someone that loves me for me but I guess she may or may not come one day and to just keep on doing my thing. Thanks again for taking the time to give your honest opinion.

• its ok, women are strange, we will never understand them, and that's why I don't care anymore!

• i've done it already... i don't care basically

• Same here. Sometimes I want to become a Buddhist monk and detach myself from all desire but that would be just as hard as finding love. No easy way out lol

• already have

• Yes, but Im a glutton for punishment.