Do girls like to play the field?

I am just curious about this topic. Are some women like men and they want to play the field so to speak, like they try to get as many guys interested in them as they can. But really don't take any ONE guy seriously, or they think it isn't really anything.

If women do this, are they insecure? Do they have issues of fearing rejection? I mean what is it that drives her to do these things?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have girlfriends who play the field, I don't see the attraction of it, far too complicated for me, was always a one guy kinda girl and I'm settled but they do it because they loved the attention and it gives them confidence, some of them just like to play guys and wrap them round their little fingers just because they can. One of my friends just has a really high sex drive but goes travelling a lot so isn't looking for commitment and she just seizes opporunities. If I know the guy who's getting involved and think he'll get hurt then I don't hesitate to warn him. Each to their own and if that suits them and their needs who am I to argue! I'm just there to pick up the pieces when all turns sour.

• Why can't more people be like you!

• @ambertaylor I do wish more women were like you, but their not, and some women DO LOVE ATTENTION. But to me logically it makes no sense bc a guy could possibly lose interest in her and yes she may find another guy, but what if that guy was a one in a million type of guy. Then you may lose him forever. So I do get why girls do this, but at the same time it doesn't make a lot of logical sense. I do understand the girls that don't want to settle down I could see that, but still a guy in her future may not like the fact that she has had so many partners. So I don't know, it is each their own.

• That's what I say to the girls when they go "awh I met this really nice guy" and they gush about him and I see her being all happy and say to her, you know maybe it's time to put the past behind you and have a grown up, stable and meaningful relationship but it seldom happens. I also worry about their futures, what if they do meet 'Mr Right' and he's perfect but then he finds out about her past, it will destroy them and make them regret, I do worry but it is their choice, I don't like it, meaningless sex with someone I barely know over and over doesn't appeal but guys and girls will continue to have multiple partners and sleep around for the forseeble future and so be it, leave them to it. They can make their bed and sleep in it.

What Girls Said 6

• I've played the field before. I did it because I'm a commitment-phobe. I still am despite being in a relationship with someone at the moment. I still have those fears of "what the hell am I doing in a relationship right now?" I still get freaked out by it, but because I really like him, I'm pushing through it.

• Yes, some women love to play the field. Sometimes because of insecurity (for example if they doubt their parents love for them), sometimes because they simply love sex, sometimes because they get a kick out of being with more than one man (maybe they like secrecy, maybe they just have a lot of love to give!). As the lady above me said, it's for the same reasons as guys. The gender divide is a myth on that subject.

That said, it's only *some* women that love to play the field, just as it's only a few guys! Every girl is different, and a lot of them would be appalled by the idea of playing and especially of cheating (check out the question, "Girls, have you cheated on your boyfriend?"). Hope this helps!

• Well who doesn't love sex, that doesn't mean we just sleep with just anyone right? I know a lot of guys do, do this but, I think I am finding more and more women doing this! Why this is happening I don't know, I think women sometimes are looking for the perfect guy as well, (ok maybe not the perfect guy, but they are still extremely picky) I've been cheated on by a woman who I thought I would eventually marry. Sometimes I kind of blame myself though, bc I knew about him from the beg, but she always told me they were just friends (and this was her ex too) but she was torn between who to actually date, I knew this bc she would bring me dinner and she would bring him dinner too. I was so naive then, I should of told her that she had to choose between me and him, instead of me letting it go on as long as it did. Boy I can't believe how dumb I was back then, I know if we were to seen each other again today those feelings would come back, bc of us seeing each other 5 years ago.

• I mean yeah I've been on dates since then, but nothing as serious since then, but sometimes I don't try as hard as I should, or other times I honestly don't have time. I do want a relationship, but sometimes its a fear thing of the same thing happening again.

• and no she didn't deserve me at all, I later found out that her family actually liked me and sided with me after all that, which was cool but kinda of weird too. lol but its all good, they must of known she was like that, so..

• Alright let me go get my paintball gun, and gear! Wait wait wait! Hold up!! Meet everyone in the combat army base field!

Me? I don't. If I'm interested in one guy, I will focus all my energy on him.

• It's all about finding Mr Right :) you may be friendly with Mr Maybe when you meet Mr Possibly and then have a date with Mr Hell no lol wouldn't it be awesome if you could like scan a persons retina to see if their meant to be with you? Lol..

• yeah that would be awesome if we could do that, but I guess chemistry is still the best thing we have right now! :P lol

• Yes now many girls are doing it. They are thinking like the male players that js to have fun

• Sure we do. And I think it's for the same reasons as guys? Ego boost, attention. Get to have all sorts of flavors, types, and things we want.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, when they do they're gooooood...

• I'm sure women play the field way more than the typical guy does