My husband confused me with his ex. What do I do?

My husband was talking to me this morning after I got home from work. He was wide awake because he came and got me. I was telling him about my friend and her problem at her work. He said "you should give her a job at sonic." I said what I don't work at sonic but his ex is a manager there. He confused me for that ex. I have never worked at sonic. I have been with him for 5 years and they have not been together for 9. We have only been married for 2 months. Why would he mistake me for her. We look nothing alike. I am very hurt by this. what do you think is he not over her. They have kids so they have to talk about the kids. His family used to say he is not over this ex and with what he said I wonder. We are newlyweds he should be thinking of me not pretending I am his ex. I wonder how much he pretends I am this ex. Should I move on and file for divorce. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't feel like that is a normal slip up to make honestly something else might be going on. I'm not trying to scare you are anything it's just a slip like that is huge for someone he has not been in contact for so long. I mean yea mixing up names is understandable but mixing up jobs? No that's something deeper

What Guys Said 1

• Ah yes the Freudian slip. I wouldn't do anything rash at this time. You really don't know that he was thinking of her when he said it. I would look at his actions. Does he do loving things? If so I wouldn't worry to much about it

What Girls Said 1

• I think give it some time... after all, he didn't say her name in bed or anything! Maybe he's just more interested in you than in your job, which is probably a good thing! I think @reptocarl is right - judge it by his actions, his body language. If they show loving things, then I don't think you need to worry :)