Would hand kissing on a first date be sweet or awkward on a first date?

Also why do some women find it creepy? I have always considered it an innocent and gentlemanly gesture despite it being old fashioned?

• sweet
  • awkward
  • depends on the person
  • not sure

Most Helpful Girl

• My current boyfriend did it on out first date and still does it every now and again. I love it. I think it's sweet, different, and unexpected in this day and age.
    Still, I've had other guys do it to me before and it was weird and awkward so it really depends.

• my gesture was good natured but with mixed results apparently.

What Girls Said 6

• Haha my boyfriend and I kissed before the first date XD I normally don't do anything like that, but it felt right and I wanted to. It all depends on how good you both feel about it.

• I always find the gesture sweet, but if I'm attracted to the guy then I find it more appealing.

• I think it depends more on the moment more than anything.

• I think it depends on the person and the moment. My boyfriend does it all the time and I think it's really sweet. If he had done it on our first date I would have thought it was sweet but awkward at the same time haha.
    If you've known her for a while, you get along great, and you're confident then I would say go for it.

• It's alright as long as your sure the girl has interest in you. If your not sure if she does, it could come off kinda creepy

• I like it generally but it really depends

What Guys Said 4

• Only if you're from the year 1655 or you're a Spanish gentlemen from the 1800s
    It's polite but not generally expected at this time of the human civilization.

• So generally speaking you're saying that gentlemen dont exist in the 21st century? Uh huh...

• They DO but not in the same form as they did in the past

• depends on the mood of the entire date and how it went.

• It's only awkward if you aren't confident about it. If you doubt, it will be awkward, but if you don't, it's a sweet gesture that most girls will like.

• I did it once on a date just to surprise her, but the next day the girl told me that she didn't like it. I hate mixed signals...

• I would probably say because you are unsure and have to ask us then I would say you would come off as awkward.