Why do people lie when it comes to attraction?

What is so rewarding about hiding shallow nature? Is it because we can become as perfect as we want on the Internet? Do people honestly expect someone to believe that personality matters most?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't wanna believe us, don't but that doesn't mean we're lying. Physical attraction matters, no one's saying the opposite, but personality is the most important thing. Maybe you haven't experience it yet, and I'm sorry for you, but it actually is like that.

What Guys Said 1

• I never lie about that stuff! Nor do I care if what I prefer makes me shallow. It is what it is and I'm not changing what I like and want!

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think it's a lie to say that personality is the most important thing. It doesn't matter if a guy is drop-dead gorgeous, if his personality is shit then I won't bother with him. Now, given the choice between two guys with equally appealing personalities, of course I'd pick the more physically attractive one. But that hinges on me liking their personalities equally.

Anyway, if someone is lying about their priorities when it comes to guys, it's likely because they don't want to admit to being shallow. They know it's looked down on, and they don't want to acknowledge that they have this particular flaw. I'm sure it happens, but I don't think the idea that someone's personality is important is so crazy.