he asked for my number but hasn't texted me?

its been over a day since this guy and i met and we really hit it off. normally, i dont give my number to strangers at a bar but we had been checking each other out all night until finally he had the guts to approach me. we chatted adn flirted for a bt and then danced (we didn't dry hump on the dance floor hahaha. it was more of a simple moving hips with my head on his chest). neither of us were drunk and we goofed around a lot. and at the end of the night he asked for my number promising to text me but he hasn't . im confused.

...

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes there's a waiting period and it differs from person to person, it usually starts around 24 hours, average is 3 days, sometimes it could be up to a week. If he asked for it, he'll text, especially if he asked for it at the end of the night.

• my friends keep telling me that he's not interested cuz he would have texted me already, but i could tell he was totally into me. he tried finding my friend a guy to dance with so that she wouldn't feel left out and before i left he said he'd try and find her a guy. if he wasn't into me, he wouldn't have gone out of his way to make her feel comfortable

• that can be rough i imagine. anyways, if he does text me like you say he will ill post an update. thanks for the advice

What Guys Said 5

• You can text him and ask what's up

• didn't get his number lol dumbest mistake

• Give me your number I'll text you.

• 72 hour rule so dont worry just yet

• k thanks. from what you read, do you think he could be interetsd based on his actions?

• stupid game hahaha. if it was meant to be great if not there are many other men out there

• yeah, thats it exactly... pm if you want my number lol

• If he doesn't do it within a week, then he's not actually interested

• He's letting you sweat, when you're soft and translucent but without color he'll proceed to stage 2.

• you think so?

• More than likely, just chill and don't think about it.

• easy for you to say. you're a guy hahaha us girls are known for over thinking everything lmao!

What Girls Said 3

• Wait for awhile more, be patient

• I would say wait a bit longer. It's still a bit early, you guys just met so give him time :)

• i hate waiting lol. waiting sucks!

• exactly! funny part is that I've got practically zero experience past kissing on the mouth hahahaha. but for some reason, guys assume otherwise cuz i have a no bull policy and am self-confident

• Same, last time I kissed a guy was over four years ago D:
      But you are right, confidence is key :)

• He likes you, he's just trying not to seem desperate

• well i want him to seem desparate and TEXT ME ALREADY lmao

• Yea, most guys don't do that unless the actually like and respect you. I hope it works out for you two :)

• me too... he is a 6.4 firefighter with a rockin' bod lmao