Would you refuse to date someone who refused to text?

I see so many posts on here about people basically texting their way through conversations, and even some relationships. So would you date someone who refused to text?

• Yes, I can always call, visit, or email.
  • No, if can't text them, it's off!
  • Maybe if they used a text/web platform, like Google Voice.
  • Other (post in comments)

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally had relationships that were fully text based... I hated them, because it didn't feel like I was really getting to know the guy. In my current relationship, we text while at work, and call when we're able to talk, and we see each other face to face (in person, not FaceTime/Skype). Texting doesn't seem to be the best route for me, but others love it. It makes having face to face conversations feel awkward. I've had that before. You can text, but once you're in front of the person, everything is awkward, and you can't think of anything to say. Oh, and some people hate reading long messages...

What Girls Said 4

• No, that's a dumb reason to not date somebody. I'm not big on texting myself - I only text like 3 or 4 people regularly and even then I don't do it that often. So if I was dating a guy who didn't want to text, it's not a big deal. There are other ways to communicate. People were obviously dating each other before the texting age, so it can be managed.

• I wouldn't refuse. Texting isn't the only way to communicate.

• Wouldn't bother me at all I hate to text.

• yes im not even very into texting.

What Guys Said 1

• No, if can't text them, it's off!