Catholics/Christians: dating someone who shares the same faith as you? Someone who goes to the same church as you?

So, me and let's call him Bob, go to the same church. We both are peer ministers (lead confirmation classes, etc.) as well as sing in the teen choir, and are Eucharistic ministers at mass. We see eachother 3 days a week for about 3-6 hours each day at church. We have known eachother for 4 years and are dating at the moment, we usually go out on weekends and do something together (hiking, see a movie, picnic, etc.) this has been going on for about a month and a half now. I also see his parents there and his siblings, know his family pretty well. However he doesn't know mine well, I am the only one who goes to church in my family consistently. Some of the adults know already, his parents as well. My parents don't.

Question: does anyone have any experience with this situation? Or any friends? If so, how did you/they go about it?

Any advice is appreciated :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Well I've never dated someone from my church, but I know I'd be more then happy too. It helps you strengthen your faith in God! I'd rather date someone who shares the same religious views as me then someone who doesn't because that could lead to conflict