Whats a good way to break the ice as they say in the first text to someone?

I'm sort of nervous about texting this girl , we do talk often when we see each other in person at pub and such but not much online or texting. I tried texting her once before a while back and it didn't go that well ( had seen her # on Facebook profile and maybe she wasn't ready to hear from me ) . but saw her a couple weeks ago and everything seemed fine and we get along but she's away at college now. I want to just try and text her and see what she's up to , show her I'm still thinking about her but really not sure how to break the ice and also think she'll be surprised to hear from me

Most Helpful Guy

• "hello how are you doing?"

what else? :-P

What Girls Said 3

• It's not ok to text someone just because you found their number on their Facebook. That is just Innapropriate and beyond creepy.

• the initial text to her was several months ago and she did get annoyed but got over it and we talked in person a bunch of times since , she even stopped me on the street one night to say hi when she saw me downtown. and we had 2 fairly long conversations on 2 separate nights at pub during holiday break , maybe I should of asked if I could text her but just didn't seem important at time as she was rate there in person and I could talk to her easily at pub

• FIRST OFF creepy not cute that you got her number from Facebook.

Actually that's it that's the whole comment.

• ok but she posted it there for everyone to see , its not like I had to look hard to find it , its rate there. I've talked to her in person its not like she doesn't know who I'm in real life

• hi how are you? how is college doing? what lasses are you taking?

What Guys Said 4

• Does she know your number? When you see her in person you should tell her that you will text/call her sometime that way she knows to expect it my man.

• not sure she'd know it , problem is might not see her in person for sure till like end of school semester. and I though things went well when I saw her at holiday break , should of asked if I could text her but never did. we know each other fairly well if she has an issue with a simple text our friendship has bigger problems

• yeah I haven't had good luck with that site , don't even really use it much anymore , use Twitter more , I found girls could easily ignore my Facebook messages and didn't seem to know what to say back , so most of time it was just a waste of my time to even try and message them on that site , I get a much better response when I talk to these same girls in person

• Truth is that if she really likes you then it wouldn't really matter that you didn't get her number first she would just be happy you contacted her... its up to you man. If you think she likes you then text her if not get her number in person or try over Facebook. Don't feel bad I don't really mess with FB myself I prefer in person like you do. Good luck.

• Man... you texted her with her knowing you have her number?

• Say hi another way. Facebook messenger or something. It's never not creepy to text a number that wasn't given to you personally.

• yeah I know but she posted it to her Facebook page for everyone to see , made a post that said she had a new phone but same # so I can just tell her I saw it there , I added her on Twitter as well but she doesn't seem to use that site much

• When people post that they have a new phone, it's usually for people that already have it. It MIGHT be fine, or she might not like it. Why do you have to use the text? Use FB messenger, since she made the conscious decision to add you on there, and quit trying to go through unsanctioned means. 100% less desperate/creepy.

• yeah I guess but her post came across that she was really desperate for attention from anyone. I'd just prefer to text , really haven't had much luck with Facebook messager to be honest and some of those girls get all kinds of msg's from lots of people a text comes across as more personal

• Just text her "hey! How are you? This is ____ "