How inappropriate would it be to ask her out?

Ok. I've always thought it inappropriate to ask out a girl where she works.
In this case though for whatever reason I can't get this particular girl out of my mind for some reason.
She works at my bank. Initially I was attracted to her but wrote off our conversations as "it's part of her job to be nice to me". But recently I feel like there could be a mutual attraction there.
I'm a little on the shy side but not awkward and typically have no problems approaching women in other settings.
The problems I have here are 1. I DO NOT want to make her feel uncomfortable because she has to work there and it is the closest branch of my bank so I will be there again.. 2. I'm really not sure how to go about it quietly. I don't want to be overheard by her coworkers and I obviously don't want to create an awkward situation.
Any suggestions?

Ok. I have gone inside the bank a few times and she has always been at the drive-up. Aside from being able to make eye contact and smiling at each there has been NO opportunity for me to speak to her.
Should I just give this up? Or is there a quiet subtle way to do this without it being ridiculously awkward at the drive up window?
Maybe give her my number instead of broadcasting asking for hers through the speaker? Lol

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't do it or at least speak to her a couple more times and seriously consider if she'd say yes if you asked her out sometime. It will be awkward for you, her etc and if she isn't interested she'll probably point you out to all her co-workers and you'll be a laughing point every time you go in. If you do decide to ask her, do it when you are speaking in a little cubicle area away from everyone else and if you are rejected play it cool and go ah well was worth a try.

• Thank you for your response. I am very attracted to her and I get the impression that the feeling is mutual but you reinforce the reason I'm reluctant to ask.
      I'm not looking to create an awkward situation for either one of us. She doesn't hold a position there that she would be in a cubicle or anywhere private and just throwing it out there would be doing exactly that.
      Well it's a small town. If it's meant to be maybe I'll run into her somewhere else one day. Thank you again

• Sounds like a good plan, if it's meant to happen, it will happen. If she really obviously starts flirting then maybe it would be safe to ask her but if not, hold off till the time comes.

What Guys Said 0