Friend wanting to date, but parents don't approve?

First off: My parents are not racist at all, just very traditional, so please don't judge.

Anyways, I'm white and I have a black friend. We like each other and he keeps making hints about us dating. I would love to date him... But I don't know what to do. My parents have made it very clear that they do not wanting me to date any race other than white. So if he does ask me out, should I tell him about how they are and date him on the DL or should I just tell him and say that it is probably not a good idea? By the way, I have already kissed him so we do already have something there. What should I do? There is no way of me talking to my parents about it. Please give me some much needed advice. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Are y'all dating each other or is your parents dating you guys?

What Guys Said 2

• If you like him then go for it.

• Well your parents certainly are racist. Just because a racist act may be "traditional" doesn't mean it's not racist.

You're an adult and can do what you want... you just may have to deal with upset parents. You're the only person who can judge whether it's worth it.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly your a grown woman and you make your own decisions for one and two dating on the DL would only blow up in your faces because it's going to suck not being able to be a traditional couple , meeting the parents , spending holidays yada yada. He might end up getting really hurt or maybe even you. I would say if you think this guy is really worth it and you honestly feel that there could really be something that go all in. Who cares what anyone says , it's something I had to learn the hard way but everyone's going to have an opinion about your life but it's only your opinion that matters. Tough to swallow but true even when it comes to your parents.

• Date him. If you like him, then you should be able to be together.