Anyone else who will be single on Valentine's Day?

So Valentine's Day is coming up. There's nothing worse than the feeling you get when you're just walking around a store and you stumble upon that huge wall of Valentine's Day chocolates and teddy bears. Another thing to remind me that I'm single! So is anyone else going to be single for Valentine's Day this year?

Most Helpful Guy

• I will not be single this year and am not sure I should have an opinion on this one! I had been single for a few years in the past and do recall how you feel.

Just remember Valentine's Day is just one day, dreamt up by the retailers. If you are single celebrate your freedom to stuff your face with lots of chocolate and not worry if someone is watching !!!:) Just remember, once you find the right person, they should show there appreciation for you on a regular basis and not just on Valentine's Day.

I was always under the impression, a couple of lonely Valentine's Days may be necessary to hold out for the really good ones coming!

• Thank you for this (:

What Guys Said 120

• I'm not even phased by it. I'm actually glad I'm not stuck with some girl who is hellbent on receiving gifts on it. Less trash for me to buy for someone who will not even care anyway. Any girl who gets all worked up and obsessed over that stuff seriously has issues.

• In all likelyhood, I'll still be single. If I'm lucky, I might be dating a really cool woman I'm interested in, but my guess is that it may not be too likely to happen.

Last year, I went to a restaurant with the few other single guy friends. But unfortunately, one of them is on the other side of the world, and the other is in a 7 month relationship and is therefore busy. I haven't seen him since the first week of November.

What's tricky is the Holidays. I've never been in a relationship during that time; the parties, spending time with friends and family.

I would think that I'd not make a HUGE issue out of Valentine's day, but I probably would do something. I think it's important to let them know you love them (if you do) the rest of the year.

• wether i'm single or in a relationship, i'd never celebrate this SHITTY day.

what's a "valentine" day? why's different than 15th or 16th of february? i don't get it...

• The story of Valentine's Day begins during the heyday of the Roman Empire, which held a festival every February . This Lupercian Festival was held in honor of the God of Fertility and during the festivities young men would get to choose their mate. At the time marriage was a common occurrence, but when Claudius became Emperor he changed all of that. Fearing that men would refuse their duty to fight because they would not want to leave their wives behind, he outlawed all marriages. Young couples still fell in love though and still wished to marry and they took these desires to the Catholic Bishop Valentine who, understanding love, began to secretly marry couples. When Claudius found out, he had Valentine arrested and ordered put to death. While waiting in jail, Valentine began exchanging letters with the jailer's daughter and soon had fallen in love with her. The day he was to be beheaded, he wrote her one last note and signed it: "˜From Your Valentine'.

• Well said Sir !! Commercial bullshit !!

• I'm not Romanian to celebrate this fake day.. if I love someone I will show for him my love all the year's days.. anyway I'm in Klaatu51 line.. just make it a regular day..
      regards.. thank you all

• I've been in several relationships, but I've never had a girlfriend for Valentine's day.

I DID go to an anti-valentine's day party that my friends put on. One girl was super-flirty with me, but I ended up dating the girl who was explaining cellular metabolism of Vulcans (apparently copper screws with everything) while I was describing to her the premise of multi-variable calculus.

But all my relationships are in the spring-summer-fall period and don't last a year.

• I will be. It's kind of sad, but not much sadder than any other day I am without my wife.

However, that being said I don't think single people should be so hard on Valentine's Day. Let the people who are with someone enjoy it (and most do). Just because you're unable to enjoy it doesn't mean you should be down on the people who are able to enjoy it.

I work in a predominantly female environment, mostly with women who are generally older than the ladies of GAG (I am an elementary school teacher). The one-upmanship that I see on Valentine's Day is interesting. One of my colleagues was proposed to on Valentine's Day during assembly. Our principal (who was in on it) said there would be a video. She put it on and there was my colleague's boyfriend proposing to her. He then jogged in and gave her the ring. It was really neat.

One of my aids was a bartender. He used to host a Valentine's Day party for people without SO's. He told me it was mostly women who attended, and they all had a great time. I never went to it, but he told me it was pretty cool.

• Yes I am going to be single on Valentine's Day and I know exactly how you feel when you see all the Valentine's Day chocolates and teddy bears and stuff in shops because I feel the same way. It is funny because Valentine's Day was once a day for people who are single, it was meant to be the day you admitted to your crush you liked them but now it has become about couples.

• Yup, just another year, another reminder you're single. Used to it now. I officially hate Valentine's day, my birthday, Christmas and new year's Eve.. Not really but only because relatives have a fun way to remind you you're still single at those :p

• 0|0
  • hell yeahhhhh.

• I'll probably spending my Valentine's day with booze and single friends shooting the shits unless I have something better to do?

• Barring some miracle, me.

I don't really care apart from all the smug fuckers with their hollow platitudes of, "I'm sure you'll find someone soon," and, "you're an amazing catch."

• Yep! Don't even care (sounds of sobbing) (sniffle) I like... am empowered by my... Self sufficiency anyway! Yeah... And stuff

Fucking holiday!

• Last year was the first Valentine's day I wasn't alone for. Unfortunately, I'm single again for this one
    Just try not to think about it as a love and relationship thing. Just think of it as a commercial excuse to sell more stuff and make more money. Because that's pretty much what it is anyway

• I'm single every Valentine's Day and it hurt for the longest time, but now I usually run multiple money making opportunities and I turned my sorrow into profit, for example instead of complaining I now sell chocolate at a marked up price, my latest scheme is "ask out grams" me and my fellow accapala group (none of can sing just talk at different pitches) go around and for $4 we sing a song to your wannabe lover, point of this is stop feeling pity and start seeing oppurtunity, that's the way I see lofe one big opportunity to profit

• Sadly I am going to be single... At the beginning of Valentine's day but I have a plan 😉

• LOL. Never regretted being single. I'm more anxious about the World Cup

www.sialnews.com/.../...et-World-Cup-2015-Logo.jpg

• I m single.. N I don't believe in Valentine.. Just a wastage of time..
    But If two people love each other,, why they r bound to celebrate n exchange gift on this one n only particular day? They have whole year... They should not bound themselves in this day only...

• It's just a commercial bullshit day , designed to part you & your cash !! It's got f~~k all to do with love !! To me it's just a reminder I am another year older in 2 days !! Don't let it get you down , most single guys simply disregard the day as just another.

• Doesn't bug me any more than it does the rest of the year. Most women are much more into VD than men.

• I'v never dated, the last time I laughed at Valentine's day, someone at school was complaining about their boyfriend. I didn't know the person, and I just laughed at it because I don't have to deal with stupid crap

• It'll be my first in two years. So it might be a little tough. But I just bought a new car. And health insurance. So it'll be nice to be able to pay those on time lol.

• Well as of right now yes but that will hopefully change. I asked a girl to got to the theatres with me next weekend but she kinda avoided the question. Now my question for you. If you where asked out two weeks in advance would you answer right away or is it something you would wait days to answer?

• Sorry bro.. She is probably going to say no because you're still stuck in the friend-zone. Don't waste your time

• I'm not so much concerned with being single romantically as I am, being fucking horny! :P

• 0|0
  • My crystalball's getting repaired atm.

• I've been single every year for Valentine's day and will be this year. I am buying this chick I'm eyeing. A little bear or something.

• Do you know the history behind Valentine's Day?

Valentine's Day was created by a guy who liked to live alone. He wanted no one in his life but himself. So he created this day so we single-rs can go out on this day and make fun of the boring people that couples are and how cool it is to be single. So cherish this day, cause it reminds us of how cool we are and so blessed to be single and free. :)

• I will. I just hope that next year I won't.

• I'm single... However I can't understand what all the anxiety is about. Everyone knows that Valentine's Day is a corporate conspiracy to get you to spend money you don't have on things you don't like to impress people who matter the least in your life...

• Yep right here technically, but don't let it get you down haha most people pay for Valentine's day rather than enjoy.

• More from Guys
    90

What Girls Said 105

• Yes, but I’m so happy! Last Valentine’s Day, I had been in a relationship for about 10 months. I had just quit my well paying, fancy job about a month earlier and was running very low on cash. Yet I still busted my azz and spent money on things trying to make my man feel special, adored, and intensely cared for on that day. His effort? Not nearly equal. I had to set the whole thing up. I wore myself out, running around buying him candy, a card, candles, sexy underwear and he barely reciprocated. Looking back on it, it was SO disappointing and I’m so happy I won’t be spending that day with someone so mediocre this year!!

• Yep! I'd love to say I don't care but there's a hope in me every year that I will open my bag or college locker and a card will fall out. It has never happened though. Valentine's day is such a non-event, but I don't even know if I'd like it if I wasn't single? Can you imagine getting asked out my random guys you don't even like on Valentine's day, or having to stress over presents for your significant other and plan special dates? It's better this way, I use it as an excuse to eat chocolate and stick on some Disney and pamper myself.

• That day is numb to me lol

• SINGLE AS A PRINGLE

• Me lol, Real Bill Murray in ground hog day here.

• It's the norm for me but I can't help get a little jealous of my friends who are in relationships. Last year my brother sang "All By Myself" to me just to annoy me. Kinda sucked.

• I will be still single on v-day but sadly all my friends are married so I am reminded of the gushy mushy every day lol
    But even if I was in a relationship I wouldn't celebrate it. I don't need a holiday to tell me to tell someone that I love them. That being said, did you know that in Japan, v-day is a day girls make or buy chocolates to give to guys that they like as a confession and then on March 14 (which is white day) the boys return chocolates to the girls if they like them. Much cooler than how usa does it, huh? lol

• I'm single. It's kind of a dark holiday considering it was the day a saint was put to death. But asides that: I am not, I do not care, I will likely just order a pizza and drink a bottle of wine while I watch YouTube videos.

• 🙋We're all in this together!✌

• *Raises hand* I will be single, just like every other year and there's nothing wrong with it. Yes Valentine's Day is a day for romantic lovers but it is also a day express love to friends and family. Don't feel lonely, be happy with yourself and have loads of chocolates! :) 😊😀

• Yes, I will be single this Valentine's Day, but it doesn't bother me much. My heart is taken though, so as I work around my feelings for this guy, I am completely fine being single for now, or for "V" Day. I don't really find Valentine's Day as a big deal, and when I am dating, I don't really want, or expect guys to spend their money on gifts, I'd rather stay in watch a movie with them, and eat some pizza. When you have a special someone I feel like it's an every day deal to let them know you care, and love them, not just on Valentine's Day. Roses, or chocolates on a completely random day is way better than the expected gifts on Valentine's Day, but hey that is just my thought. I am a 23 year old girl who isn't into material gifts, or mushy gushy about Valentine's Day... :)

• Possibly... I might possibly (HOPEFULLY) have my ex back by then. I have a great feeling that I will get him back soon. Things are good for once.

• This is actually going to be my first Valentine's Day NOT being single! Every other one before was spent alone... I know the feeling too well. However, my dad's birthday is on Valentine's Day, so I usually had celebrating that to distract me.

• Unless I find someone in the next couple weeks, which is unlikely. I'm not into Valentine's day anyway, I don't get why there is an individual day dedicated to showing your partner how much you love them, it should be everyday.

• I won't be single this Valentine's but I've never cared those years when I was. People put way too much value in that day - it's just a day like every day else. You're not more single or more not-single because it's February 14th.

• Yup but I plan on going out with my best friend and watching fifty shades of grey... The day after it comes out because she has plans with her boyfriend Valentine's day 😢😣

• I'm single! I'm bored of being single, but meh.. I'm not a big fan of flowers and teddy bears either, so I wouldn't mind much.

• I will most likely will be single unless my crush asks me out (there is a small chance this could happen because we are becoming very close), but as I said most likely single. But I am fine being a cunning single lady, even on Valentine's day.

• Yep, I will. I'm not worried about it, Valentine's Day is just another day for me.

• Me I will be

• There is nothing wrong with being single on Valentine's Day, i have been single on Valentine's Day and felt like a loser and i've been in relationships on Valentine's Day and felt short changed in the gift department. Now that i'm older i take the pressure off myself and just treat it as any other day because that's really all it is.

• I'm not single but used to be one until I meet my loving boyfriend. Being single on Valentine's day is not a Big of a deal. I was single for 20 years since birth lol and it doesn't really get into me. And now That I'm not single there's a difference.. You felt happy and your looking forward for that day. Anyway for is not that a big difference wether your single or not on Valentine's day.:) just be positive! Your secret admirer might confess to you! You never know!😊

• I'll be single on Valentine's day. Usually it wouldn't phase me but because I've just got out of a 2 month buildup to a relationship I'm sure I'll be walking the streets on the 14th thinking I hate couples.. ah well I'll have a pint for you and the other singles out there

• this girl is, it's ok though

• I will be single on Valentine's Day. I know what you mean, that's why I just avoid stores where they advertise the holiday. I don't even look at the decorations and chocolates. lol.

• I don't care, i am used to being single on this day. Hope on alentine's Day this year, it will rain xD

• Yess, it'll be me and food

• Oh god. Tell me about it. Every year on Valentine's Day, my school sells roses and balloons and cards. Its like an arrow through the heart seeing people getting these from their partners. Huh! And they ask me why im always in a bad mood on Valentine's.

• No, I'm spending it with two men, one named Ben and the other Jerry. Don't mean to go into details but there will be a lot of spooning.

• More from Girls
    75