Why don't girls eat on the first date?

Every time I go out on a date with a new girl she doesn't eat anything. This makes me feel bad about getting food myself, and even when I offer to let her have some of my food she refuses. why is this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Being you don't know one another, getting to "Know" one another, she, like Many of us girls, feel it is a bit Awkward in-----Eat anything. It's new, it's a "First date" and there are butterflies in our tummies that sort of speak volumes and don't want any food to get in the way with Anything we do or say.
    However, after the next date and so forth, it is going a bit freer, smoother and much better, where a dinner for two or even a hot dog, slides down the ol' gullet with more ease to please.
    In a case of 'She refuses,' I don't think she would let a soda or a cup of tea slide by so when something with someone who says She doesn't want anything, offer this instead.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to help here.:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 7

• She doesn't want to be seen as a fatty.
    I love my food too much to hold back. I wouldn't care how much of a mess i'm making either.
    On first dates, I usually get "Hungry aren't you?" 'No, this is how I normally eat :('
    and eventually, it becomes..."CALM DOWN WOMAN! NO ONES GOING TO TAKE IT AWAY!" , "I don't know you", "You're such a pig", "Can you please eat like a lady?"

• Usually girls who are normal on the chubbier side, or chubby, or fat pretend they don't eat because they think they are obese. I SAID USUALLY. And most skinny girls say they eat a lot, and most skinny girls do. Including myself.

Maybe she's just insecure and thinks she's fat when she's not?

• Normal on the chubby side as in if she gained 5 lbs she would be classified as overwieght. But since she hasn't gained those 5lbs she's still at a normal weight.

• Self conscious. Some people find eating rather personal and don't want to be judged on their eating habits. There's even a saying about it... Which I don't entirely remember :/

• i wanna see you eat... some oxtail and rice and peas.

• Lol- I'm a vegetarian hahahaha.
      How do you know I'm of Caribbean descent, though?

• Most women do eat on their first date. Maybe she was too nervous, or worried about the cost if she knew you were picking up the bill, she's may have an eating disorder, or maybe she just wasn't hungry? Next time it happens just ask her why.

• They're being insecure, which in my opinion is kind of dumb.. but whatever. Don't feel bad for eating something in front of them. They refused. Not your fault.

• Not all girls do that, I mean, I got ice cream ALL over myself on my first date with my boyfriend.. But yeah girls tend to have a fear of being seen as "fat" for eating too much or "sloppy" for not being neat enough.

• She could be watching her weight or trying to be polite especially if you offer to pay. I usually try to eat less because I don't want to make the man's wallet cry. Lol

What Guys Said 2

• Usually they're just nervous.

Make your first date to go camping in the wilderness and I guarantee she'll want energy for the journey

• may be she have thought that there is some drug in it...